M-Net's Reyka is up for Best Drama and Best Actress (Kim Engelbrecht) at the International Emmy Awards.
- It is the first African drama series to be nominated in more than a decade.
- Engelbrecht is the fifth African actress to be nominated, following in the footsteps of Thuso Mbedu.
- It is MultiChoice’s fourth International Emmy nomination in six years.
- Reyka was the opening night series at Monte-Carlo Television Festival in 2021.
- It was sold by Fremantle to 147 territories.
M-Net is proud to be supporting our leading lady Kim Engelbrecht for her nomination in the Best Actress category at the International Emmy Awards, taking place on Monday 21 November in New York. The acclaimed series, proudly produced by Quizzical Pictures, is also up for Best Drama Series.
Reyka follows a flawed but brilliant criminal profiler, Reyka Gama (Kim Engelbrecht). Haunted by her past, she investigates a string of brutal murders committed by a serial killer in the sugar cane fields of KwaZulu-Natal. Having been abducted as a child by a farmer named Speelman (Iain Glen), Reyka is traumatised by the experience, but this also helps her enter the minds of Africa's most notorious criminals and turn them inside out.
Stream Reyka on Showmax here.