Following M-Net’s exciting announcement of acquiring the award-winning and critically-acclaimed neo-Western drama series Yellowstone earlier this week, viewers are eagerly awaiting the premiere of the series tonight (2 March) at 21:00 on DStv’s M-Net Channel 101.
If you’re among those that are still on the fence, here are a few reasons why this series cannot be missed:
- The series stars multi-award-winning screen legend Kevin Costner (The Bodyguard, Dances with Wolves) who plays the patriarch of the Dutton clan.
- It is set on the sprawling plains of Montana with mountains and rivers galore, so the cinematography is bound to be gorgeous.
- The series has a stellar cast playing complex characters. You’ll find someone to root for or those you will love to hate. The outstanding cast includes Luke Grimes (American Sniper, True Blood); Kelly Reilly (True Detective, Flight); Wes Bentley (Hunger Games, American Horror Story); Cole Hauser (Olympus Has Fallen, 2 Fast 2 Furious); Kelsey Asbille (Teen Wolf, One Tree Hill); and Gil Birmingham (Twilight, Banshee).
- Its storyline is riveting and filled with twists and turns, so there’s no boredom on the cards.
- A messy and sweet romance involving the bad-ass Beth Dutton (played by Kelly Reilly).
- Kevin Costner said in an interview that he signed up for the show because he was emotionally invested in the story being told – which means viewers will probably fall in love with the show just as he did.
- You can binge it – nine episodes a week is quite the treat.
- Rumour has it that M-Net may have acquired the popular prequels, 1883 and 1923.
Yellowstone is co-created by John Linson (who has produced works such as Lords of Dogtown and Sons of Anarchy) and Taylor Sheridan (whose screenwriting credits include the acclaimed films Sicario and Hell or Highwater).
Be sure not to miss it on DStv, M-Net Channel 101.