Firstly: happy birthday J’Something! Some things that matter:
- J’Something was born Joao Da Fonseca in Algarve, Portugal
- His idol is Michael Jackson
- Mi Casa happened by accident: Dr. Duda was deejaying and Mo-T decided to join in on trumpet; soon J was freestyling, which lead to Soul Candi – where he was working as a studio manager at the time – inviting them to make an album
- Mi Casa’s new album ‘Familia’ is their fourth – they have three SAMAs under their belt
- He owns the creative agency Something’s Cool, which produced his first cooking show, Something’s Cooking, on Mzansi Magic is 2014
- He’s designed business class menus for South African Airways
- He was GQ’s Best Dressed in 2015
- He’s the owner of the Something’s Cooking restaurant in Times Square, Pretoria
- You can find a bunch of recipes on his website
- The best thing he’s EVER eaten came from fellow coach David Higgs’ reaurant, Marble!
Finally: many happy returns J!
My Kitchen Rules SA is broadcast on M-Net channel 101 every Sunday night at 18:00. Follow all the breaking news and conversations around the show on Twitter @MNet / #MKRSA or on the official M-Net Facebook page.