1) Liam Neeson has stated that this will be his last action movie role.
2) Father (Nels) and son (Kyle) are played by real-life father and son Liam Neeson and Micheál Richardson.
3) In early 2017, the film was refused a permit to shoot in Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada. The explanation given was that Parks Canada objected to the antagonist of the film being an aboriginal Canadian. Even the actor playing the role, popular aboriginal Canadian Tom Jackson, could not sway the government agency's opinion, and the production was moved out of the park.
4) The film is a remake of the Norwegian film In Order of Disappearance (2014). Hans Petter Moland directed the original and returned to direct this remake.
5) One of the characters in the movie makes fun of the sexual nature of Nels Coxman's name. In the original Norwegian film of which this is a remake, the main character is called Nils Dickman.