After a seven-year hiatus, the much-loved musical competition Clash of the Choirs South Africa is back for Season on Mzansi Magic (DStv Channel 161). The show premieres on Sunday, 24 September at 18:00.
Packed with new format twists, the series is hosted by radio personality DJ Sabby and the multitalented Bontle Modiselle.
Its award-winning judges are: gospel superstar Dr Tumi; kwaito legend and Drakensberg Boys Choir alumnus Zwai Bala; and Buhlebendalo, revered for her solo projects as well as her work with The Soil.
What to expect this season
The choirs will go head-to-head as they compete in various musical challenges to claim the incredible R1 million prize money.
In each province, our celebrity choirmasters experienced some hard choices and at times, some tears. The impressive choirmasters are as follows:
- Amapiano superstar Lady Du (East London)
- Acclaimed crooner Vusi Nova (Western Cape)
- SAMA nominee Langa Mavuso (Northern Cape )
- Gospel star Zaza Mokhethi (Free State)
- Superstar singer and TV host HLE (Limpopo)
- Social media celebrity and singer Khanyisa Jaceni (Mpumalanga)
- Award-winning maskandi musician Ntencane (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Superstar producer Prince Kaybee (Gauteng)
- Kwaito legend and TV host Stoan (North West)
“We’re excited that the audience favourite Clash of the Choirs South Africa is back after some time away from our screens. It returns refreshed and bolder than before, and we can’t wait for our viewers to engage with it and vote for their favourites. Sundays Sisonke on Mzansi Magic – we are the home of entertainment and are proud to continue creating content that our audience loves and resonates with,” says Shirley Adonisi, Director of Local Entertainment Channels at M-Net.
Don’t miss Clash of the Choirs when it premieres on Mzansi Magic (DStv Channel 161) on 24 September at 18:00. Episodes will also be available on DStv Stream.