They say lines for a living, written by a host of talented screenwriters in every conceivable genre. Actors spend their lives giving voice and meaning to words of wit and wisdom, but when they step out their characters’ shoes, they have a few wise words of their own to share – whether in speeches, books, or interviews.
We’ve brought you a collection of inspiring quotes from top Hollywood stars. Let their wise words inspire you and watch them in inspirational movies on the latest pop-channel on DStv 109, M-Net Inspire.
1. “Do your thing and don't care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
Watch Fey in Mean Girls on Thursday 19 January at 21:45.
2. “We learn martial arts as helping weakness. You never fight for people to get hurt. You're always helping people.” – Jackie Chan
Watch Chan in The Karate Kid on Friday 20 January at 17:12.
3. "My name is Adam Sandler. I'm not particularly talented. I'm not particularly good-looking. And yet I'm a multi-millionaire."
Watch Sandler in Billy Madison on Saturday 21 January at 13:00.
4. “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That's a part of it. “ – Denzel Washington
Watch Washington in The Preacher’s Wife on Saturday 21 January at 14:50.
5. “Don't block your blessings. Don't let doubt stop you from getting where you want to be.” – Jennifer Hudson
Watch Hudson in Dreamgirls on Sunday 22 January at 16:50.
6. “You don't need to follow trends to be stylish.” – Naomie Harris
Watch Harris in The First Grader on Wednesday 25 January at 13:00.
7. “If you have an opportunity to use your voice you should use it.” – Samuel L. Jackson
Watch Jackson in Coach Carter on Friday 27 January at 14:45.
8. “Turn your wounds into wisdom." – Oprah Winfrey
Watch Winfrey in Selma on Friday 27 January at 21:20.
Want to make this year truly inspirational? Enter the competition below and you could be on your way to Italy!
For more inspirational quotes, click here.