Wed 25 Oct 2017, 15:43
Let us show you how easy it is to get connected and unlock a world of entertainment .
Want to know how to get connected? Here’s how to connect your DStv decoder to the internet.
How to connect with an Ethernet cable
If your DStv Explora is close enough to your internet router, you can connect to the internet via an Ethernet cable:
- Insert a standard Ethernet cable directly into the green Ethernet port in the back of your DStv Explora and then insert the other end into an available Ethernet port in your router.
- Confirm that the DStv Explora is connected to the internet using the Connectivity Checker on your DStv Explora: Press HELP on the remote, select Tools > Connectivity Checker and press OK.
The default setting for all Connected Services* on your DStv Explora is 'Off'. You can manually select which of the services you want enabled. Press the blue DStv button, select Settings > User Preferences > Connected Services. You can then turn each of the Connected Services 'On' or 'Off' individually. Press BACK on your remote to save your settings.
How to connect via a WiFi connector:
- Before installing the DStv WiFi Connector, ensure that your internet router is switched on and connected to the internet.
- Press the blue DStv button on your DStv Explora remote. Scroll to Settings then select System Settings > Connectivity Set-up.
- Connect the cable from the docking station to the USB port on the back of your DStv Explora (if your Explora has a USB port on the side, don’t use that one).
- Insert the DStv WiFi Connector into the docking station and place the docking station next to the decoder.
- The LED on the DStv WiFi Connector should now be solid white (confirming that it has power).
- The DStv Explora will now automatically search for WiFi networks and display the available options. Press OK on the remote to select your WiFi network, then press OK again to connect the DStv Explora to your WiFi network.
- If your WiFi network has a password, enter the password now.
- The DStv Explora will now automatically test connectivity to the internet.
Remember, when it comes to getting connected, you need a working internet connection in your home. We recommend an uncapped ADSL account, with a minimum 4Mbps download speed. For the best experience, a download speed of at least 10Mbps is recommended to fully enjoy your experience. Data costs may apply when streaming or downloading content.
Now that you’re connected, find out how to add Showmax to your DStv Premium account at no extra cost and enjoy even more series on your internet connected DStv Explora.
*Online based DStv Services such as DStv Catch Up Plus and Showmax