Zambezi Magic DStv Channel 162 and GOtv Supa Channel 5 has been lighting up our screens with Wanilata on Friday nights and we must say, there’s a lot we can learn from the dates we have enjoyed watching so far.
Because of all the lessons we picked up in the last five episodes of Wanilata, we decided to create a list you can use as a guide to a successful “date” experience. Before you shoot your shot, it’s very important to also consider the vibe and location of the date because the setting must be just right to get the message across to your crush.
We were inspired by the unique dates like Madrin and London’s relaxed picnic date as well as Paul and Joy’s fancy dinner date.
Grab your pens and notebook or get ready to screenshot; here is a list of what to do and what not to do for a successful date:
What to do
- Make sure you are single before you go to shoot your shot at someone else because things could get awkward at the dinner table.
- Tell your story and remind them of the first time you knew you had to have them in your life. Don’t spend the whole time talking about yourself, ask questions too. You need to be sure if you are on the same page or else you will find yourself eating alone. ?
- After your crush knows you like them, enjoy your meal. If your crush is not interested, enjoy the date nonetheless. After spending some time with you, they just might change their mind! ??♂️
- Keep the conversation flowing. We couldn’t deal with some of the awkward silences we witnessed during some dates but we can’t blame them for the quietness and shyness. That’s what happens when you’re looking into your crush’s eyes. ?
- Make your intentions clear because you never know if you could end up with your life-long partner. Joy left with her boyfriend Paul and Brian won a bae in Theresa!
- You should know exactly what your type is like Kaluba. She specified that she liked her men light-skinned and that’s who she got!
- Express yourself like Joy when Paul shared his feelings with her. She was pleased and she made sure he knew it. Positively affirm your crusher when you like them too like Lubasi did to Taonga. We are excited to see where this pair might go with their new relationship. Watch them below! ??
What you shouldn’t do
- Don’t ask about “Love” on the first date unless you know you’re getting a hard yes! Love is a strong word according to Joy so it’s important to take it step by step. ??
- Don’t ask for a first kiss on the first date… at least not in public or else you will be left hanging like Steven when Kaluba denied him a peck. It’s important to know your crush’s level of “PDA”.
- Don’t rush away from a date like Joseph AKA London unless it’s a reason to save your life otherwise you will break your crushers heart into pieces. ? Click here to watch how London rushed through his date with Madrin.
With many dos and less don’ts picked up, the season has already given us four couples who have decided to take their friendships into the next ship. Do you see more couples coming out of the rest of the dating show’s season? Will there be more lessons to learn as we watch more brave singletons taking the leap of love?
To watch more dates, stay plugged into Wanilata every Friday at 21:00hrs, right here on Zambezi Magic DStv Channel 162 and GOtv Supa Channel 5.