Do you ever just wish you can get off the roundabout in your relationship and start again?
Who no like better thing? Starting your marriage on a fresh note without baggage is an opportunity to write your love life on a clean slate. You know the fun part, you get to write whatever you want on it!
Just as the Love Couples are getting ready for the next BIG step in their Ultimate Love stories, here are a few things we think everyone should give up to make their marriage work:
- Stop chasing perfection – It’s ideal to have a perfect picture of what your marriage should look like but what messes us up the most is this idea we have in our heads about how our partners should behave. Your marriage is nothing but a reflection of who you and your partner are, so start working on making that reflection shine bright.
- Give up on blame – It’s not your partner’s responsibility to make things a hundred percent right with you. Work on your self confidence and self love and allow your partner complete what’s already present in your life.
- Don’t carry the emotional baggage of your past with you into your marriage. LET IT GO!
- Avoid the urge to criticize your partner and don’t even thing about comparing your relationship or marriage with others. Not all that glitters is gold dear.
- Lastly, don’t take your partner for granted so your journey to forever doesn’t end in tears.
It takes a lot of work and tons of rehearsals to make a marriage sing a beautiful song but what makes it even more beautiful is having a partner to learn, unlearn and relearn with. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your marriage!
Ultimate Love airs 24/7 on DStv Ch198 and GOtv Ch29. Tune in daily and play your part in shaping Naija's most epic love story yet.
For more updates, like our Facebook Page, light up our Twitter mentions using #UltimateLoveNG and get immersed in all the TLC on our Instagram.