Crime & Justice Nairobi a gritty, realistic and thrilling police procedural and legal show that deals with current Kenyan issues in a way that will strengthen Kenyan self-awareness, is all set for its debut on Maisha Magic Plus, on 10 April at 8pm.
It’s a show that tackles issues such as corruption, domestic violence, and terrorism and at the same time gives a unique insight into what present-day Kenya is like.
At the core of this true-crime show is a classic detective duo - a man and a woman - who solve one case per episode. The show will take the audience on a journey from the origin of the crime, finding the perpetrator and the trial.
Inspired by the structure of the American show ‘Law & Order,’ Crime & Justice promises to tell Kenyan stories through nuanced characters that are flawed like real people.
The takeaway from each episode will be a reminder of the importance of
- Pursuing justice even when it is not achieved
- To be critical of authorities
- To be informed and not governed by prejudice
- To have the courage to pursue the truth even when it is not black or white but hiding in the grey and
- To further democracy and common sense
Don’t miss the season premiere on Sunday 10 April at 8 pm on Maisha Magic Plus DStv 163 and GOtv Supa CH 8.