If you think you have what it takes to outwit, outplay and outlast your fellow reality hopefuls to keep your torch burning, apply now for the sixth season of Survivor South Africa!
Who can enter?
You! That’s if you will be 18 years or older on 30 November 2017, and are a Survivor fan.
How do I enter?
STEP ONE: You will need a full-length photo of yourself (see guidelines below).
STEP TWO: Make a video. Alternatively, write your motivation for entering in 200 to 300 words. Please note that a video is however preferred (see guidelines below).
STEP THREE: Fill out the application form on our website and upload your photo and video here mnet.tv/survivorsa
STEP FOUR: Now sit back and relax! Entries close on 26 November 2017 and we’ll be in touch if we’d like to see you for an audition.
Tips that will make your photo great
A clear and recent photo (full-length body, wearing swimwear of your choice) is required to enter. We welcome all body shapes and sizes!
- Select or take a photo that is an accurate representation of you (we want it to look like you!). If you have a photo at hand, it should not be older than 6 months.
- Upload an image of high quality (PNG, JPG or JPEG, no bigger than 4 MB) in colour and not black and white.
- Your image should be portrait and not landscape or square.
- You must be facing the camera in the photo (a full-length photo, head to feet is required) and not be too far away.
- You MUST wear swimwear in your photo. (You can thank us that it’s Summer…)
- There should be no one else in the photo and the background should be kept as neutral as possible (a busy background detracts from the subject – you!).
- Supply a digital photo that is not cropped, heavily edited or scanned.
Tips that will make your video great
Motivate why you should enter Survivor South Africa in a video (no longer than 3 minutes in length and no larger than 30 MB). You can either upload a video or supply a URL link to your audition (on YouTube, Vimeo or other).
Why video? It adds a more human element and will help you stand out from your competition.
Who doesn’t love a good story? We’d like to know why you think you might do well on Survivor South Africa. What do you do for a living? Where are you from? How will your personality/skills/life experience help you win the game? How will you interact with the other contestants? Have fun, but remember to stay true to yourself – our castaways should be real people!
- Plan what you’re going to say and do before you start shooting. It takes courage to create a video, so practice, get comfortable with the camera, focus on being you and don’t stress – you’ve got this!
- Shoot your video during the day.
- If you’re outdoors, make sure the sun is not directly behind you (or we’ll only see your silhouette) and that it’s not too loud or windy.
- If you’re indoors, choose a well-lit area (a room where there’s enough natural light coming in). It should not be too noisy (do not shoot somewhere crowded).
- Speak loud and clear. If you’re projecting your voice in another direction by looking down or away, it will result in poor audio.
- Try to position your phone or camera on eye level and keep the background relatively clear or neutral.
- Shoot in landscape style and not portrait.
There are no open auditions, but if you would like to enter and can’t do your own online entry, there will be Survivor South Africa activation booths in Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg in the following places:
Durban: Saturday, 11 November – New Beach, Durban North, opposite Garden Court Hotel (09:00 – 17:00)
Cape Town: Saturday, 18 November – Canal Walk (10:00 – 18:00)
Johannesburg: Saturday, 25 November – Mall of Africa (10:00 – 18:00)
Members of the Survivor South Africa team will be there from 09:00am on these dates to take you through the entry process and help you to submit your online entry video at these venues.
Keep watching mnet.tv/survivorsa for more entry tips and advice. Follow #SurvivorSA on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SurvivorSA/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/Survivor_SA) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/survivor_sa).