By completing and submitting my online entry form, uploading my video and photo, I give irrevocable consent to the use of any personal information supplied therein by Afrokaans Film & Television (the “Producer(s)”), for the purposes of establishing whether I am a suitable candidate for participating in the competition embodied in the production of television programme titled Survivor South Africa 6 (“Survivor”/”Survivor South Africa 6”/”Series”/”Show”/Programme”), which is based on a format owned and/or controlled by Banijay Rights Limited (“Format Owner”) which the Producer is producing for Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited and/or its affiliates (“M-Net”).
- Fill out the online entry form, upload your video and photo and submit your entry online.
- Once your entry has been submitted online, it will be evaluated and assessed.
- You will only be contacted by the Producers or their representatives for further details should your entry be shortlisted.
- Should your entry be shortlisted by M-Net and/or the Producers, in its sole discretion, more information will be requested from you.
- Entries for Survivor SA 6 take place on the official M-Net website at: www.mnet.tv/survivorsa
- Entries will be accepted from 3 November 2017 midday 12:00 and closing at 26 November 2017 at 22:00.
- No late submissions will be accepted.
I acknowledge, confirm and/or agree that:
- I am 18 (eighteen) years or more at the time of submitting my online entry form; on the 30th of November 2017.
- I am a permanent legal resident of South Africa and I understand that I may be required to show proof of identity or have a valid permit or permanent residence status in the country of South Africa.
- I will be required to travel and will upload a scan of my valid passport if requested by M-Net and/or the Producers during the selection process.
- M-Net and the Producers’ decision in relation to the selection of the contestants shall be final and no reasons will be provided for such decisions. I agree not to challenge or appeal against these decisions.
- I shall not engage in activities which violate the law of any jurisdiction (including the jurisdictions I may be required to travel to during my participation in the programme, offend against public morals or embarrass M-Net/ the Producers and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies in any way.
- By submitting my online entry, I grant M-Net permission to use my video/clip to promote me and/or the programme on any other platform of its choice. I agree that my video/clip may be edited, modified, added to or deleted, juxtaposed with any other material and that any other changes to the video/clip may be made at the sole discretion of M-Net and/or the Producers. I agree further that M-Net and the Producers may use my name, image, likeness, any photograph, voice, sobriquet and signature in connection with my video/clip and/or the programme and use of any personal information supplied therein.
- I hereby assign irrevocably to M-Net the entire copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to my video, audition, participation and contribution to Survivor South Africa, whether now in existence or arising in the future, including without limitation, my performance, any comments ascribed to me (whether as part of the audition, any psychological testing, any interview and any inclusion of my photographs, likeness, profile, voice, sound effect, caricature, literary, artistic and musical materials and the like for purposes of the Programme and/or any related publicity, research and marketing, which M-Net the accepts. M-Net shall therefore be entitled to use and exploit and license others to use and exploit such contributions, in whole or in part, by all means and in all media, manner and formats whether now known or hereafter invented throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- M-Net (and the Producers) reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, to vary the rules of the entry and/or rules of participation in the Series and/or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which M-Net, the Producer (and the Format Owner) deems fit or necessary at its sole discretion.
- Should I become a contestant on Survivor South Africa, all publicity, digital and social media activity around my involvement in Survivor South Africa will be done by M-Net from the date of my audition until six months after the broadcast of the final episode of the Series, unless otherwise indicated by M-Net.
- Should I become a contestant on Survivor South Africa, my participation in and to the programme shall include but not be limited to broadcast, publicity, promotion of the Programme and other functions and events related to the Programme, in any media format including internet, interactive, social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, radio and television broadcasts.
I agree/warrant that:
- I understand and accept the terms and conditions of this entry form.
- I have the legal capacity to enter this competition and I am able to enter this competition. I have no conflicting legal obligations.
- I warrant that in making my video, no third-party rights including without limitation intellectual third party rights were infringed and/or violated.
- If I am short-listed as a possible contestant, I agree that M-Net and the Producers may conduct such background checks and request original passport documents that are necessary to confirm that all the information contained in the entry form which I have supplied are correct.
- If I am invited for an interview by the M-Net and/or the Producers in the participant selection process, I am prepared and agree to undergo biokinetic, psychological, background checks and medical screening. I understand that the full details of this will be explained to me in advance.
- If I have children and am selected by the M-Net and/or the Producers as a contestant in Survivor South Africa I agree that my children will not be able to reside with me at Survivor South Africa locations and the Producer/and/or M-Net, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies will have no responsibility with regard to the welfare or accommodation of my children. I further undertake and warrant that I shall take all the necessary steps required to ensure the welfare, accommodation and care of my children during my participation in the production of the programme.
- Even if I am selected as a contestant, the Producers and/or M-Net, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies have no obligation to produce Survivor South Africa, and even if Survivor South Africa is produced there will be no obligation on the Producers and/or M-Net and/or the Format Owner, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies to broadcast it.
- If I am selected as a contestant, I agree that I am able to travel as an individual to the locations of Survivor South Africa for a 2 (two) month period at any point between January 2018 and March 2018 (or for such other period as the Producers and/or M-Net may designate.
- I agree to make myself available for interviews, auditions, publicity, and any other event relating to Survivor South Africa and to do what is reasonably expected of me to assist the Producers and/or M-Net with all the arrangements necessary for the production of the programme and the competition embodied therein.
- If I am selected as a contestant for Survivor South Africa, I will be required to enter into a formal written agreement with the M-Net and/or the Producer and/or any other relevant party, the terms and conditions of which will be necessary to protect the rights of the M-Net and the Format Owner and such other entity involved in the production. Should I choose not to enter into such formal written agreement, I acknowledge and agree that I will be disqualified from participating in Survivor South Africa.
- I acknowledge and confirm that I have no conflicting legal obligations which may restrict or limit my participation or contribution in the Programme. I confirm that I have not previously and will not from the date of my selection to participate and contribute in the Programme until 6 (six) months from the first transmission of the final episode of the Programme, enter into any commercial, contractual, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company other than the M-Net and/or the Producer, in respect of my name, likeness, image or biography and/or my participation in the production of television programmes and/or the Programme. Should I have entered into such agreement or arrangement prior to or during my participation in Programme, I hereby undertake to notify the Producer immediately and the Producer shall be entitled to take such other action as it considers (in its absolute discretion) to be appropriate including without limitation by disqualifying me from participation in the selection process and/or the Programme (and competition therein) without compensation or any form of liability to me by the Producer and/or M-Net. The aforementioned provisions shall also apply should there be any dispute (outstanding, current or imminent) with regards to any agreement or arrangement which I may have previously entered into with any person, firm or company in respect of my name, likeness, image or biography prior to my participation in the Programme.
- I hereby indemnify M-Netthe Producers), their subsidiary and affiliated companies, their officers, agents, directors and employees against any costs or damages (including consequential damages and pure economic loss) that may be incurred by M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ Afrokaans Film & Television (the Producers) as a result of claims or charges made against M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ Afrokaans Film & Television (the Producers) (whether at the instance of a third party or myself) for infringement of any right, whether the claim or action arises from delict or contract, or any infringement of whatsoever nature, arising out of or pursuant to the exercise by M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ Afrokaans Film & Television (the Producers) or myself of its/his/her/my rights or the fulfillments or breach by myself of my obligations in terms of the Survivor South Africa Programme and such indemnity shall extend to the reasonable costs that may be incurred by M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ Afrokaans Film & Television (the Producers) in defending any action instituted against it.
- I grant to M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ the Producers an irrevocable performer's release and state that M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ the Producers may photograph, film, record, edit, broadcast, re-broadcast, publish or communicate to the public my performance, including for promotional purposes, related to Survivor South Africa without remuneration.
- I hereby waive any moral rights which I may have in my performance in Survivor South Africa as defined under the Copyright Act 1978, as amended.
- Should M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ the Producers decide, in their sole discretion, not to proceed with Survivor South Africa, for any reason whatsoever, M-Net/MultiChoice Group of Companies/ the Producers may in their sole discretion elect to terminate this Entry Form without compensation to me.
- I understand that all decisions by the Producer concerning selection of the contestants are final and no reasons will be given for their choices. I agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by South African law and the South African courts shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters (including disputes) arising herefrom. Should a party elect to institute proceedings in the High Court the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the South Gauteng High Court of South Africa.
- I shall be disqualified if I am an employee of M-Net and/or the Producers or any of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and/or of any of their agents related to production of the Programme. If I am selected I shall not at any stage of the Programme be an employee of M-Net/ the Producers, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and/or of any of their agents related to production of the Programme and as such will not be entitled to any of the benefits available to M-Net/ the Producers’ their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies employees.
- M-Net and/or/ the Producers may disqualify me, without any compensation from the selection process and production of the programme, should I, at any stage of the selection process and production of the programme, supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and information; or be found to be unfit, in the sole discretion of M-Net and the Producers as a result of having undergone a material alteration in my appearance at any stage prior to the production of the Programme.
- Should I breach any of the above terms and conditions M-Net and/or the Producers may disqualify me, at any stage of the selection process or the production of the Programme, without any compensation.
- I shall not disclose to any third party (on any form of media including limitation press, radio, television, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram), without the prior written consent of M-Net/and the Producers, any information relating to their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the Programme, the application/selection process, my appearance in the Programme, any of the production team, or any other entrants or Participants, nor any other information which may come to my attention relating to M-Net and the Producers, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, or otherwise connected to the Programme, save for such information which is already public knowledge. Should I be approached or contacted by the press/media, I must immediately refer them to M-Net or the Producers.
I confirm that I have read and I acknowledge and agree that I fully understand the terms and conditions for submitting my entry for Survivor South Africa 6 and fully accept that I am bound by the above terms and conditions .