Thank you South Africa for the overwhelming response to the Love Island SA entry phase. Watch this space for a summer of love, loading in February 2021 on M-Net 101.
- How old should I be to enter Love Island South Africa?
You will need to be 18-30 years old to enter Love Island South Africa.
- Do I have to be a South African citizen?
You should be a South African citizen or have a valid permit or permanent residence status in the country of South Africa.
- May people with children enter the show?
- Can divorcees enter the show?
Yes, provided you're legally divorced and can provide the producers with divorce papers.
- May only heterosexual people enter Love Island?
At this stage yes.
- Can employees or associates of the show enter the show?
Employees of Rapid Blue, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or the MultiChoice Group of Companies or any of the M.I.H. Group of companies may not enter the show.
- May I enter the show if I have been on other reality shows?
Yes, given that you disclose all the reality shows you have participated in.
- What type of pictures should I send?
A full length in swimwear
Head and shoulders
- Will a background check be done on all entrants?
If you are short-listed, you also agree to authorise the Producers to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information supplied. Please note that consenting to these checks is no guarantee of being chosen to participate.
- What type of individuals is Love Island looking for, and do I need to meet specific criteria?
You need to be single, looking for love and between the ages 18-30 years to enter Love Island South Africa.
- When do entries close?
Entries open from Sunday 8 November 2020 and will close on Sunday 13 December 2020. We reserve the right to extend the closing date if we feel necessary.
- When will I be notified if I am successful or not?
You will only be contacted by the production company for further details should your entry be shortlisted. Should your entry be successful and shortlisted, the production company will contact you within 60 days of receipt of your application.
- May I enter the show more than once to improve my chances?
Multiple entries per person are not permitted. Entries are only valid if correctly submitted on the entry platform.
- Do I have to agree to all the terms and conditions to enter?
Your valid submission of your entry constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- How long do I need to be available for the production?
You need to be available for filming between February 2021 and April 2021.
- Is wardrobe provided or do we bring our own clothes?
We will work with the wardrobe you have to help you look dashing.
- Will there be any medical, physical or psychological screenings?
If you are shortlisted by the Producers, you must be prepared to undergo psychological and medical screenings. Please note that the full details of this will be explained to you in advance.
- Will we be filmed for 24 hours?
Yes, contestants will be filmed 24 hours.
- Will there be hidden cameras?
There will be a toilet camera which is monitored but never aired.
- Will I have control over what is put on air about me on the show?
You do not have editorial control of the content. The Producers' decision on what to air is final but we will only ever use material provided to us by the participants.
- Will I have access to the outside world once I am successful?
You will have limited access to the outside world and technology.
- Where will Love Island South Africa Villa house be situated?
Western Cape, South Africa.
- How many couples will I be competing against?
This will be revealed at a later stage.
- Will I be medically covered during my time on Love Island South Africa?
You will be issued a specified Personal Accident policy whilst on the show, however any pre-existing or chronic medical conditions will not be covered by the production. It is recommended that you keep your medical aid in place if you have one.
- Do I have to participate in every activity that is planned on the show?
That would be preferable, but everything is voluntary.
- Will I get paid to compete on Love Island South Africa?
No, but there will be a stipend issued for time away from home.
- Can I quit at any stage?