Logo

On the air with Bob Mabena

News
06 March 2016
The king of the airwaves Bob Mabena takes us behind the mic as he shares his story.
Bob Mabena

It has been more than two decades since the country was introduced to the velvety smooth voice of Bob “Jammer Man” Mabena. He was thrust behind the mic at Radio Bop at just nineteen. His eclectic music taste, knowledge about music and his passion for current earned him the drive-time slot and he has kept us tuned in since!

The Pretoria-born Mabena was destined for a career in the business. Raised in Attridgeville in the era of the Bee Gees and Donna Summer, music became the one thing he cared about after the loss of his mother and brother. So began the relentless pursuit of his passion. 

For Bob, “Talent is 10% of what we do, the other 90% is determination and attitude.” As change swept through the industry over the last decade, Bob has managed to stay on top of his game. By keeping abreast of the developments and changes in the business, he has mastered his craft.

Radio host, television star, MC, businessman, musician, and philanthropist, Bob Mabena has managed to do with few others have done. Command the respect and attention of a changing medium without losing his touch. He is the king of the airwaves. In this case we can safely say he is a jack-of-all-trades, and master of all!

He has got the something special! As for the next 25 years behind the mic all we can say is, speak Bob, we are listening!

For even more magic, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter using the hashtag #MNet. You’ll also find us on WeChat on the ID mnettv!.

Don’t forget you can download the M-Net app for Apple and Android. Planning your M-Net viewing has never been so easy.

 

Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Bob Mabena
Image

Bob Mabena

1 Of 14