M-Net Movies Night Out promises to be filled with explosive action, as we’re featuring the latest instalment of Mission: Impossible. Subtitled Fallout, we can’t wait to join Ethan, Luther, and Benji for another crazy ride.
Before we launch into the next action-packed adventure, here are a few fun facts about the movie franchise that’s been going strong for 22 years.
- Cast members from the TV series upon which the movie franchise is based were offered roles in the first film, but they all turned it down.
- Ethan Hunt never fires a gun in the first Mission: Impossible.
- One thing that is impossible about the Mission: Impossible movies is Max’s e-mail address in the first movie: [email protected] 3:14.
- Thandie Newton’s character in Mission: Impossible II is based on Audrey Hepburn in How to Steal a Million.
- Rachel McAdams turned down the role of Ethan Hunt’s fiancée, Julia Mead, in Mission: Impossible III.
- In Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol Tom Cruise really did climb the Burj Khalifa for that high-flying, death-defying scene. And in the sequel, Rogue Nation, he really did dangle from a plane.
Joining us at the screening? Snap a pic and share it on social using #MMNightOut.
Want to know why we love the Mission: Impossible franchise so much? Read this.
Watch the #LallaLand interviews with the cast here and uncover more about the Paris junket here.
Missed out? Enter August’s screening here.