Wonder Woman finally has her own solo live-action feature film, and we’re watching it tonight with all the lucky winners of M-Net Movies Night Out. But before we hop over to the island of Themyscira to reunite with the Amazon princess (aka Wonder Woman aka Diana Prince), here are a few things you need to know.
- In the film, the title character is portrayed by Gal Gadot. She made her debut appearance as Wonder Woman last year, in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Gal Gadot lost out on the part of Bond girl Camille Montes in Quantum of Solace. The part went to Olga Kurylenko, who would lose out on the role of Wonder Woman to Gal Gadot.
- Élodie Yung, who plays Elektra in the Daredevil series, also auditioned for the part.
- The character was created by psychologist and writer William Moulton Marston and artist Harry G. Peter.
- Gal Gadot is on Twitter and Instagram, and she recently included a post of her hug with Lynda Carter.
- Who is Lynda Carter? She played Wonder Woman on TV from 1975 to 1979. Many actresses have portrayed the character, but Carter’s is one the most well-known.
- Wonder Woman was directed by Patty Jenkins, who also directed Charlize Theron in her Oscar-winning performance in Monster.
- The film is the fourth instalment in the DC Extended Universe. The first three are: Man of Steel, Batman v Superman (your Sunday night movie this weekend on M-Net), and Suicide Squad.
- Lebanon’s ministry of economy is trying to get the movie banned in-country, because Gal Gadot is Israeli. Lebanon and Israel are at war, and interaction with Israelis is barred in Lebanon.
- Our very own Lalla Hirayama interviewed Gal Gadot for Batman v Superman. Check out the LallaLand interview here.
Joining us tonight at M-Net Movies Night Out: Wonder Woman? Join the conversation on social media using #MMNightOut.
Missed out this month? Enter here for a chance to win tickets to M-Net Movies Day Out: Despicable Me 3.