The sexiest man alive. The highest paid actor in Hollywood. Ladies and gentlemen, meet: Dwayne Johnson. Not that he needs any introduction. Having risen in the ranks of Hollywood’s glitziest and most glamorous after a successful wrestling career, everyone knows his name – whether ring name or real name. As one half of the comical action duo of this week’s Sunday night movie, Central Intelligence, we thought we’d bring you a few more facts about the buffest body in Tinseltown.
- His father, Rocky Johnson, and grandfather, Peter Maivia, were also wrestlers.
- Do you remember Dwayne Johnson’s feature film debut? It was as the Scorpion King in The Mummy Returns, which was released in 2002.
- $5.5 million? That was the amount Johnson received for his first starring role, in The Scorpion King, reprising his role from The Mummy Returns.
- If you were a fan of That ‘70s Show you may have spotted him in the sitcom playing his father.
- Observant Trekkie fans might remember him as an alien wrestler in Star Trek: Voyager.
- Before he was The Rock in the ring, he was known as Flex Kavana and Rocky Maivia.
- Tanoai Reed, his cousin, is his stunt double in many movies.
- Getting hitched? Johnson has a license to join people in holy matrimony in the state of California.
- Apparently he was Tim Burton’s second choice for Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Now that would have been interesting!
- Can you imagine Johnson as a Bond villain? We think that would be awesome. His reason for wanting to play one? His grandfather, Peter Maivia, played an evil henchman in You Only Live Twice.
Watch Dwayne Johnson star with Kevin Hart in Central Intelligence, your Sunday night movie at 20:05 on M-Net.
Not feeling your funny bone? Try one of these other Sunday night movie selections:
At 20:30 on M-Net Movies Premiere, go chariot racing in the remake of Ben-Hur.
At 22:40 on M-Net, acclaimed Chinese director Zhang Yimou tackles love and memory in Coming Home.