The most glamorous night for the celebration of outstanding performances in film and television, the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards is only a few days away and this year, an Amstel Malta sponsored new award category will be launched: Best Dressed Male and Female!
The biggest showcase of fashion, glitz, and glam
“We are excited about this new category because not only is the AMVCAs a night when the best stars in African film and TV are celebrated, it is also famed for being the biggest showcase of fashion, glitz and glam on the continent,” said Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, Channel Director, Africa Magic channels.
Mba-Uzoukwu explained that the AMVCAs have also been a significant contributor to the growth of other ancillary industries including the fashion and beauty industry, which receives a boost in patronage and publicity with each edition of the awards.
“We look forward to this addition to the awards event and we urge celebrities and guests to make a bold statement on the red carpet and enter for a chance to win the inaugural AMVCA Best Dressed statuette,” she added.
Here's how it'll work:
- The award for the Best Dressed Male and Female at the 7th edition of the AMVCAs will be voted for on Instagram by fans and viewers across the continent.
- Attendees interested in this award are to be on the red carpet between 16:00 WAT and 17:00 WAT to have their pictures taken in a specially designed AMVCA photo booth.
- The top 50 (25 for men and 25 for women) will be selected by a constituted AMVCA Style Council and shared on Africa Magic’s Instagram account @africamagic.
- Fans will then be given the opportunity to vote by indicating their likes for their favourite picture between 18:00 WAT and 19:00 WAT.
- During the live award show, the male and female pictures with the highest likes will be the winners of the first-ever award for the AMVCAs Best Dressed, which will be announced on stage.
Watch as the King of Cloth, Ebuka explains more:
The seventh edition of the AMVCAs are brought to viewers across the continent by Africa Magic in association with MultiChoice and proudly sponsored by Amstel Malta. Watch the event live on Saturday, 14 March on all Africa Magic channels and keep up with the conversation using the hashtag #AMVCA7 on Twitter.