On Friday 3 June, Bulongo Mukkuli who acts as Zambezi Magic’s most popular detective Niko joined us for a Facebook Live Chat – and it was filled with a lot of insight!
The actor we watch every day on Zuba right here on Zambezi Magic DStv Channel 162 and GOtv Supa Channel 5 shared appreciation for the love he has been receiving from all his supporters. He had many kind words to say to his fans who were excited to see him live on Facebook.
He told us an inspiring story about how he became an actor. His career started in 2012 as a camera guy until Owas Ray Mwape and his wife guided him in the direction of acting while he was working on the comedy, Landlady meets Landlord. What was initially supposed to be a walk-in on an episode of Zuba became an opening to his current day-to-day mission. Bulongo shared that his current role in the wheelchair has been one of the most challenging acting roles of his life.
Here are 8 facts you may not know about Bulongo Mukkuli:
- Bulongo’s father is Tonga and his mother is Ila.
- His name means a “clay plate”.
- He is passionate about acting.
- He has a lot of friends in the service who have helped him become better in his role as a detective.
- When not acting, Bulongo enjoys software engineering.
- He always starts his morning with a cold shower!
- He has fallen in love with a coworker.
- His favourite episode is the scene when he stole Mutinta after discovering that she was not his daughter and went to his mother’s graveyard to cry. It was in that moment when he felt he was the “most Niko” he had ever been.
“I feel like watching people is the best way to learn how to act,” he told his fans. Bulongo also shared some sound advice with aspiring actors.
Grab your pens or get ready to screenshot these eight tips from the talented Bulongo Mukkuli:
- You must network. Get out of your house and do something.
- Go to playhouse, watch sketches and find out how you can join.
- Find the right people to talk to and connect.
- Go and watch movies, actors love to watch movies so you could bump into one of them at some of these screenings.
- Read books on acting
- Practice how to act out emotions.
- Go to as many auditions as you can.
- Be willing to learn.
Make sure you keep up with Bulongo Mukkuli as Niko in Zuba every Monday to Friday at 20:00hrs, right here on Zambezi Magic DStv Channel 162 and GOtv Supa Channel 5.