You’ve just switched on your device, and you have a snack in hand, ready to watch your favourite show on Zambezi Magic (DStv Channel 162 and GOtv Supa Channel 5). Suddenly, there’s a power cut in your area. Don’t let load shedding you from missing out on the action, take control of your viewing experience.
With the DStv App, you can download all series and movies when you’re connected to Wi-Fi hotspots, and then watch them later when you’re offline.
How to download DStv shows to your phone or tablet
- Simply, go online and register for DStv streaming.
- Next, download the DStv app to your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the app on your device, log in and go to Menu > Catch Up.
- Select the movies or series you’d like to download and tap the cloud-shaped Download icon.
- When you download, choose between 4 download quality options: Highest, High, Medium and Low. You will be shown how much data and storage space you need, based on the option you choose (If the icon has a cross through it, it means that show can’t be downloaded).
- You can download up to 25 items to your device. This includes movies, sports highlights, documentaries, kids shows and episodes of your favourite series.
- To see what you’ve downloaded, go back to Menu > Downloads. You’ll also be able to see which downloads are still in progress.
- Check the expiry date of the item you are downloading. Some movies or episodes expire sooner, while others remain on the DStv playlist for quite some time.
- Once you press “play”, you need to watch that movie or episode within 48 hours.
Stay tuned into the best African entertainment, right here on Zambezi Magic DStv Channel 162 and GOtv Supa Channel 5.