David Boreanaz has a long history in television. The 51-year old American actor has played in a list of hit TV series and he’s not done yet. For those who know him, this list of things you didn’t know, will remind you why you’re a diehard fan of his. For those you don’t know Boreanaz, now’s the time to learn a thing or two about the SEAL Team’s lead actor.
1. His move into the entertainment industry was a slow one. He spent days dressing up and passing his CV wherever he could. However, lady luck was not on his side.
2. His first gigs were as an extra: one as a spectator and the other as a parking valet. He finally landed a role on the comedy series Married With Children. But it would be another couple of years before he would get another gig.
3. Landing his first big role on Buffy was a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Boreanaz nailed his role as Angel, and what was meant to be an arc of 6 out of 12 episodes, turned into a spin-off where Boreanaz was able to turn his Buffy role into his own starring vehicle titled, Angel.
4. Boreanaz moved onto Bones where he played Seely Booth, a smart-ass and arrogant FBI Special Agent. His role on the show was so successful that the series ran for 12 seasons where he appeared in each and every episode.
5. Boreanaz absolutely loves playing Jason Hayes on his latest project, SEAL Team.
“He is really important to me, and playing him, I feel more in tune as I’ve ever been with a character,” he told Giant Freakin Robot.
6. But for Boreanaz, it’s not just about the character. It’s also about what his character stands for and what the soldiers he portrays stand for.
7. Boreanaz’s role is centred around a real-life SEAL who was deployed on many missions, including the one to take out Osama Bin Laden.
Catch SEAL Team every Wednesday at 20:30 on 1 Magic DStv Channel 103.