In FX’s drug drama, Damson Idris plays 19-year-old Franklin Saint, a young street entrepreneur on a quest for power. But who is he behind his character? We find out…
1. The 25-year-old is the youngest of 6 children raised by a single mother. Damson who was born in Peckham, is of Nigerian descent.
2. He initially wanted to become a football player but decided to study drama at Brunel University. He also holds a BA Honours degree in Theatre, Film and Television Studies.
3. He landed his first acting role in the award-winning British-Nigerian playwright and screenwriter Ade Solanke’s play Pandora’s Box. The British thriller “City of Tiny Lights” was his first big screen role.
4. Damson’s first major role is as Franklin Saint in the crime drama series “Snowfall”.
Read all about what he had to do to audition for the role.
5. In May 2017, Damson won an award for the “Emerging Talent Award” at the 12th Screen, Film and Television Awards in London.
6. Before his booming career on screen, Damson had a YouTube channel on which he used to showcase his acting skills.
7. As an aspiring football player, Damson is a devoted Manchester United fan and believes they are the greatest team in the world.
Word on the street is that Snowfall has been renewed for Season 3 which means we’ll be seeing more of Damson on international screens.
If the show will hit local screens, is still a mystery. But stay tuned to 1 Magic for updates.