Get to know the actor who plays the younger version of the show's protagonist, Shaka.
- Age: 15
- Birthplace: KwaMashu in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Casting: Out of hundreds of teens Ntando Zondi was chosen to portray the role of the young Prince Shaka. He has no formal acting training but has loved it for years, always dreaming of becoming an actor. When casting directors called him back for a second audition, he almost did not answer as it was an unknown number. Little did he know it was a call that would change his life. The assignment for the Bomb Production casting team was to cast a young teen who had talent and a similar looks to Lemogang Tsipa who plays the adult Shaka.
- Occupation: Student (Grade 8)
- Mentors: Nomzamo Mbatha who plays his mother Nandi in the series: she calls him her boy. She was always by his side when filming Shaka iLembe. Bongumusa Zungu, the casting director of Shaka iLembe: Ntando calls him "big brother from another mother".
- Future: Ntando takes his studies seriously: 2023 is his first year in high school. Ntando was awarded certificates in drama, Arts and Culture, and Academics in his final year of primary school. His wish is to become an entrepreneur and international actor.
- Parting shot: “Being part of this production is an honour and very special to me and my family. I cannot believe that I am part of a series that is so epic and telling an important story. I am so grateful for the opportunity and taking on the big role of young Shaka Zulu who grows to become a formidable king in the future. For me, this is a life-changing experience.”
Watch Shaka iLembe every Sunday at 20:00 on Mzansi Magic. If you miss an episode, catch up with DStv here. Find us on social media: Facebook (Mzansi Magic), Twitter (@Mzansimagic), Instagram (MzansiMagic), and TikTok (@mzansimagictv). Use the hashtag #ShakaiLembeMzansi. Watch it on Sundays on Mzansi Magic DStv channel 161 and the repeat on Fridays at 21:30.
Shaka iLembe's headline sponsor is Telkom. Associate sponsors are Grant's Whisky and LottoStar, while tactical sponsors are Santam and Toyota SA.