Ezekiel Kemboi is an athlete, famously known as the "steeplechase king'. He earned this title after dominating the first three positions in his 19-year career as a sportsman.
There are however there are some less known things about this soft-spoken and humble father of 5. Here are some of them:
1. When he completed high school, he turned down a scholarship offer so that he could pursue his athletic career.
2. He declined several offers to be 'bought' by other countries to run for them.
3. One of his lowest moments was when he was disqualified from the 3,000-meter steeplechase race just hours after he claimed his bronze medal during the Rio Olympics in 2016.
4. He is a trained police officer
5. He is a member of the presidential press unit and has served both President Kibaki and Uhuru Kenyatta
6. When he clinched his gold medal after during the the London 2012 Olympics, Kemboi broke into a dance that became his trademark. The dance, famously known as the Kemboi Dance, made him even more famous and he has since been invited in many countries around the world.