The brand new romantic reality phenomenon that has taken the world by storm is finally launching on M-Net this week! How would you fare if you faced a series of challenges and your partner had to invest in your odds of succeeding? Would you go all in on love? That’s what eight South African couples face in Power Couple SA, the exciting new local reality series that tests not only the couples’ physical ability and endurance, but their trust, communication skills and faith in each other. It’s a recipe for laughs, fireworks and heart-warming moments, and it all kicks off on Channel 101 on Thursday 10 September at 19:30.
Episode 1 of Power Couple SA, hosted by Ryan O’Connor, introduces the eight couples from across South Africa, who will be competing for the title of SA's next Power Couple, and the more than a million rand prize money that they could walk away with...if they invest wisely in their partner's ability to complete challenges that will test their relationship to the extreme. In their first challenge the ladies will have to get down and dirty to retrieve their partner's sentimental items, and the guys will have to hang on to their partners for dear life, whilst answering questions about their relationships.
Power Couple SA is sponsored by LottoStar.co.za, where one can partake in the world’s biggest lotteries. Fans of the show can play the Power Couple SA weekly prediction game, to stand a chance of winning a whopping R500 000.00, courtesy of LottoStar.co.za, as well as weekly prizes from Takealot.com. Fans can play the weekly prediction game on WeChat under the MNetTV handle, on the official Power Couple website – www.mnet.tv/powercouplesa, or on the mobi site. All you have to do is answer a simple question predicting the outcome of the challenge in the following week’s episode, click through to create your own LottoStar.co.za account, and you will be entered into a draw for the weekly prizes and the grand prize of R500 000.00 from LottoStar.co.za!
If you haven’t seen their profiles on M-Net yet, the eight couples are:
- Dyllan Smith (36) and Viki van den Barselaar-Smith (34) are from Salt Rock in KZN and have been married for six years, together for 18 years. They’re high school sweethearts! They have two children – a boy and a girl.
- Gift (35) and Bana Afrika (32) are entrepreneurs from Johannesburg. They have been married for two years and have no kids…yet.
- Emile (35) and Razia Samson (34) originally met in Cape Town but are representing Gauteng, since they now reside in Johannesburg. These two share a passion for fashion and have been married for nine years. They have three daughters together.
- Dean (32) and Crystal Mason (29) are nutritionists and fitness professionals from Cape Town. They’ve been married for seven and a half years and have one daughter.
- Ivan (32) and Roshila Jarosz (35) are from Pretoria. They met when Ivan was fresh out of school, and have been married for eight and a half years. They have no children, but consider their dogs as their kids.
- Juran Banfield (32) and Juanita de Andrade (33) are from Port Elizabeth. The only unmarried couple in the house, they have been dating for two years.
- Mo (38) and Phindi Grootboom (38) are media executives from Durban. They have been married for ten years and have three children together – two girls and a boy.
- PJ (29) and Marzanne Kleinhans (29) are newlyweds from Cape Town. When they entered the show, they’d been married for only a month! They’ve been together for five years in total.
For images and exclusive videos of the 8 Power Couples, visit www.mnet.tv/powercouplesa, and follow all Power Couple SA news and conversations on Facebook on the “Power Couple SA” page or Twitter @PowerCoupleSA.