Remember to use as many colours and textures as you possibly can.
- 1 whole free-range chicken (parson’s nose cleaned)
- 2 large leeks
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 stick lemongrass, bruised and sliced
- 2 stalks celery and leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 10 cm knob ginger - thickly sliced
- 10 coriander seeds, bruised
- 5 white peppercorns, bruised
- large handful of Italian parsley
- Place chicken and aromatics in pressure cooker, cover with cold water.
- Seal lid and cook on full heat for 30 minutes.
- Release steam.
Asian beef stock
- 1.5 kg bone-in chuck or shin, in pieces
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 10 cm knob ginger, peeled and sliced
- about 10 coriander roots
- 4 whole star anise
- 10 coriander seeds
- 10 black peppercorns
- Place beef and aromatics in a pressure cooker and cover with cold water.
- Seal the pot and cook on full heat for 30 minutes.
- Release steam.
Be very precise with the alkaline salts!
- 800 g bread flour
- 300 ml water
- 10 ml (7,2 g) sodium carbonate
- 3 ml (0,8 g) potassium carbonate
- Make a dough and knead till elastic and smooth.
- Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll in pasta machine until thin and cut in noodles.
- 10 cm fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- sesame oil, for frying
- 750 ml beef stock
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 2 whole chillies
- light soy sauce, to taste
- fish sauce, to taste
- mirin, to taste
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- palm sugar, to taste
- 3 eggs
- Fresh vegetables available to serve with broth: spring onions, Asian cabbage, shitake mushrooms, edamame beans, carrot strips, shredded red cabbage, Tastystem broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 hand full coriander, chopped
- hand ful sesame seed
- Lime cheeks
- Fry ginger and garlic.
- Add stock and whole chillies.
- Cook until fragrant.
- Add soy, fish sauce, mirin, lime juice, and palm sugar to taste.
- Prepare the soft-boiled eggs (slightly runny yolk).
- Add noodles and veggies to a bowl (steam some of the vegetables on the side to ensure they are tender and full of crisp).
- Top bowl with broth.
- Serve with the eggs, fresh coriander, sprinkle of sesame seeds, and lime cheeks on the side.