Rob shared his thoughts with us on the subject of LOVE
- If Love is blind, what’s the most annoying habit you overlooked in someone you’ve dated?
I can’t, in good conscience, spill the beans about any of my annoying exes but I can say with absolute unbelieving awe and endless gratitude that my wife somehow managed to overlook my entire personality when she married me.
- What makes someone your soul mate?
If neither of you squeeze the toothpaste tube from the middle, it is meant to be.
- What’s the most complicated thing about love?
- Would you say Love at First Sight or It Takes Time to Make a Connection?
I say there are no rules, but I will say that if it’s still love after first fight and you have at least a better connection than a South African service provider, then you are off to a good start.
- What’s your biggest Turn Off?
- What’s your best pick up line?
When the Uber app says the driver is going to pick me up in 3mins and he actually does.
- What’s been the worst date you’ve been on?
Since I have been a fly on the wall on the Finding The Onedates I can happily say that the worst date I have been on was someone else’s. You’ll have to watch the show to find out whose.
- Who do you rate as the most romantic couple in SA?
Helen Zille and her twitter feed. No matter how much advice to the contrary she just keeps giving it a go.
- How did you propose?
I hired a marching band and got dressed in a suit. No lies. It was way too showy and set a ridiculous precedent. I wouldn’t recommend it.
- You’ve been lucky enough to find your perfect match, what advice would you give seekers out there?
I’m not a Quidditch expert and I’m not sure what it has to do with love although I guess love is as complicated and seemingly senseless as a fictional game played by pubescent witches and wizards so my advice to seekers out there is to keep your eye on the snitch.
If you want to experience more of Rob's humour, Catch Finding the One, Sundays at 6pm