Written consent from each participant is required.
- What is the purpose of the clinical trial?
- Does the study involve a new, existing or placebo treatment?
- What is expected of me as a participant?
- Will my identity be confidential for the duration of the trial?
- How often will the treatment be given?
- How will the treatment be given?
- Do I or my medical aid have to pay for anything?
- Will I be reimbursed for travel costs?
- If I am responding well to the treatment, can I keep using it after the study?
- At the end of the study, will there be follow up care?
To find out more about clinical trials and any possible associated risks, you can go to the Sandton Oncology website.
To find active trials go to www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Source: Sandton Oncology