Fan Favourite Competition - brought to you by Mahindra
The Fan Favourite Competition, has been set-up by M-Net to enable Survivor SA viewers to participate in an online competition for a chance to be one of the lucky winners and stand a chance to win a Mahindra XUV300.
1. The competition takes place on the M-Net website;
2. The competition runs from 03 May 2018 to 16 August 2018.
3. The competition opens on Thursday as at 19h30 and closes the following Thursday at 19h00.
4. Competition entry requires the following actions:
a. Go to www.mnet.tv/survivorsa
b. Log-in using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
c. Confirm your personal details and enter your cell phone number.
5. Choose/select your favourite contestant (decide on terminology).
6. Each entrant has 10 selections per week.
7. Winners are chosen via random draw
8. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter and in possession of a valid driver’s licence
MAHINDRA Terms and Conditions
1. Warranty terms XUV500 W8 AT, 5 years/ 150 000 km and service plan 5 years/90 000 km as per standard warranty and service plan policy.
2. Warranty terms KUV 100 NXT K8 petrol, 3 years/100 000 km standard and 2 years/50 000 km powertrain warranty. Service plan, 3 years/50 000 km.
3. The candidate who receives the vehicles must be required to provide adequate insurance for the above-mentioned model.
4. The colour of the prize vehicle is white. MSA can however accommodate change of colour depending on availability of stock
5. This promotion is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, except the employees of Mahindra South Africa (Pty) Ltd, their dealers, their respective advertising, digital, media and PR Agencies, as well as the family members, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons.
6. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
7. All participants must be over the age of 18 years on the date of entry and must have a valid South African ID and driver's license, which they will be required to exhibit as proof for validation purposes.
8. The promotion runs from 3 May 2018 to 23 August 2018.
9. The prize is a KUV NXT K8 petrol to be given to the Viewer's Choice Award winner of Survivor South Africa. The Second prize is a XUV500 W8 AT to be given to the Viewer Contestant Award winner of Survivor South Africa.
10. Any costs incurred by the winners, outside of this package including licencing and registration of the vehicle, will be for their own account and MSA will not be liable.
11. The winner will be announced on the 23rd of August 2018 — TBC by DSTV.
12. By entering the promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions.
13. All prizes are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The Promoter will not be liable for any defects in prizes.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value at any time and for any reason.
15. Mahindra South Africa (Pty) Ltd and its agents accept no liability and responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition.
16. Mahindra South Africa (Pty) Ltd and its agents accept no responsibility for any liability arising out of any accident or misfortune that may occur after the handover of the prize vehicle.
17. Under no circumstances will the Promoter be liable to anyone who enters this promotion for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising which may be suffered in relation to the promotion, whether because of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of the Promoter or otherwise.
18. The winners may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional upon agreement to take part in such publicity. Winners will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of the Promoter.
19. Neither Mahindra South Africa (Pty) Ltd nor their respective advertising, promotion media and PR agencies, nor their trading partners shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by a participant in relation to this promotion or the prizes offered
20. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, temporarily suspend or amend this promotion, including the prizes, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or factors outside their reasonable control or technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
21. The Promoter's decision, in respect of all matters to do with the competition, will be final and no correspondence will be entered.
22. Mahindra South Africa (Pty) Ltd, the Promoter, their respective advertising, promotion, media and PR agencies and trading partners are not responsible for any incorrect and/or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users and/or by any of the equipment and/or programming associated with and/or utilised in any contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries.
23. Mahindra South Africa makes no representations or warranties of any nature whatsoever with respect to any product or service advertised in any promotion, sweepstakes or other contest presented by Mahindra South Africa. Any liability for claims or damages with respect thereto, shall be the sole responsibility of the recipient.
24. The laws of The Republic of South Africa govern these rules, terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
25. Mahindra SA has the right to change the terms and conditions within reason at any point in time during the competition / campaign / promotion.
26. Promoter: Mahindra South Africa — Eco Fusion 6, Block C, 15t Floor, 324 Witch Hazel Street, Highveld X59, Centurion South Africa, Contact person Pumza
M-NET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THESE PARTICIPATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. ANY CHANGE WILL BE POSTED ON www.mnet.tv AND SUCH POSTING SHALL BE ADEQUATE NOTICE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE COMPETITION.
M-NET STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the MultiChoice South Africa Group (“MultiChoice”) and are available at www.mnetcorporate.co.za and http://www.mnet.tv/survivorsa
2. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
3. The competition is not open to
1. directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
2. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, dependent, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above; and
3. entrants under the age of 18 without the prior written permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
4. persons who have won a competition promoted by Multichoice within the past six months. Should you enter a competition within six months of winning in a previous competition, you will not be entitled to any prize. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by Multichoice after the expiry of six months after the date on which you won the last competition.
4. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
6. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
7. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
8. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
9. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
3. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
10. We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
11. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
12. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
13. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
14. The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within one week of the draw, if the winner is unable to return a validly completed confirmation of acceptance letter within 30 days of been contacted or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days of receipt of a validly completed confirmation of acceptance letter , the winner will forfeit the prize and M-Net reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions in respect of the competition in question.
15. In the event that you win a prize and you agree to the publication of your name and/or appear in person in the electronic media and the print media and/or, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, then Multichoice will make such further arrangements with you but no fee will be payable to you for such appearance.
16. You are required to provide us with such additional information as we may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
17. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
18. We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. Any such variation, postponement, suspension or cancelation will be published, as soon as reasonably possible, through http://www.mnet.tv./survivorsa prior to winning, in the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree, to the extent permitted in law, to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
19. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
20. We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
21. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
22. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the conditions that -
1. All of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
2. You will take full responsibility for the actions of your partner;
3. You indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize; and
4. Any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
23. If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
1. You will be automatically disqualified from entering or you will forfeit any prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize)
2. You will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) non-compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
3. You indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
24. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
25. Multichoice and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.