CARTE BLANCHE VIEWER’S COMPETITION
The viewers choice competition, has been set-up by M-Net to enable Carte Blanche viewers to participate in an online competition for a chance to be one of the lucky winners of the prizes outlined below:
- The competition takes place on the Carte Blanche page on the M-Net website at mnet.tv/carteblanche
- The competition runs from Tuesday 10 July 2018 to Monday 30 July.
- Viewers need to log in with their social login, either Facebook or Twitter and choose their favourite inserts.
- Each day a viewer can choose 4 inserts. Each turn will offer 4 choices.
- The new round will start at 9 am each day, whil will provide a new or returning user with 4 more choices and another entry.
- Competition entry requires the following actions:
- Go to mnet.tv/carteblanche and visit ‘Birthday’
- Login with your preferred social media login
- Decide whether to opt in for additional information from M-Net
- Choose your 4 favourite inserts that you want to play in August during Carte Blanche’s birthday.
- The next day the user can come choose again and will have 4 choices available, again.
- Winners are chosen via random draw
- A final draw will take place with all the people that came to choose their favourite inserts
- Each entrant may enter no more than once per day.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Entrants must have a valid passport for travel that does not expire within 3 months of travel dates.
- Win a trip to New York City with your partner - M-Net style.
COMPETITION RULES: CARTE BLANCHE VIEWERS COMPETITION
- The prize winner will be selected randomly from valid participants and announced on the birthday show as well as social media platforms.
- The Organisers will contact the winner at least 3 (three) times via telephone and/or email, however, should the Organisers not be able to reach the winner or should the winner not accept the prize within 3 working days, a new winner will be drawn. The names of the winner will be announced on the Platforms by 26 August 2018.
- You are hereby informed of your right to decline:
- the use of your image only in marketing material;
- an invitation to participate in any marketing activity;
- an invitation to be present when the draw is taking place or the winner is announced.
- The Organisers further reserve the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice in the event that the competition is found to be or is deemed unlawful. Should the Organisers be required by any legislation, to alter any aspect of this competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Organisers shall have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of termination. Should the events in this clause 15 occur, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Organisers and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organisers, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- The participant acknowledges that all intellectual property rights (including the rights in designs) subsisting (or which may in the future subsist) in the print design shall automatically, on creation, vest in the absolute control of the Organisers.
- The winner indemnifies the Organisers, their affiliates, respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this competition or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the terms and conditions.
- All information relating to this competition, which may be published on any promotional material via media is covered by these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between the content of such promotional material and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Unless an alternative arrangements with the winner is made, the prize will be handed over at a location of the Organisers' choosing.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize (with another prize of similar commercial value) at any time without notice to you and shall be absolved from any liability whatsoever which may arise subsequent to such cancellation, termination or alteration.
- Proof of identity and valid drivers license will be required to collect the prize and the Organisers reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot, provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity and/or residency status where required.
- The participant agrees to abide by the decision of the judges, which decision is final on all matters pertaining to this competition.
- Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- You may not be awarded a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you.
- No "automated" entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually on our Platforms where the competition is displayed.
- If any entry has been made in any manner which in the Organiser’s discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Organisers
M-NET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THESE PARTICIPATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. ANY CHANGE WILL BE POSTED ON WWW.MNET.TV AND SUCH POSTING SHALL BE ADEQUATE NOTICE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE COMPETITION.
M-NET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the MultiChoice South Africa Group (“MultiChoice”).
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
- The competition is not open to:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
- Unless otherwise specified in the competition rules, you may only enter the competition once any time before the closing date.
- You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three (3) months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of three (3) months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to the competiton.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
- your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s,
requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, a valid identity document or passport.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 10 working days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and MultiChoice reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- We may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and / or the print media, and / or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such invitation.
- We may publish names of the participants and winners on any of our communication platforms.
- We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and / or acceptance and / or use by you of a prize.
- You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
- all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
- you will take full responsibility for your partner;
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize; and
- any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have and to the extent permitted in law, –
- you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
- you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) non-compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
- For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
- MultiChoice and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the extent that there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and the Sponsor competition rules and the Sponsor terms and conditions, the order of precedence of such documents will be as follows-
- Sponsor competition rules; then
- Multichoice terms and conditions; then
- Sponsor terms and conditions.