Three new Binge titles are coming to M-Net Edge this Saturday. Get ready for a triple Binge on Season 1 of The Mysteries of Laura, Park Bench and The Leftovers.
In the first title, Debra Messing of Will and Grace plays homicide detective Laura Diamond. Park Bench, hosted by actor Steve Buscemi, features a mix of surprise celebrity appearances and spontaneous interviews with people on the street. The Leftovers is set two years after the Rapture, during which 140 million people inexplicably vanished worldwide.
Messing has been a popular actress for years, but how clued up are you about the bubbly redhead? Here are five things you didn’t know about her.
1. She was born Debra Lynn Moessing to Jewish parents in Brooklyn, New York.
2. She has acted since childhood, with starring roles in her high school’s productions of the musicals Annie and Fiddler on the roof – yes, she can sing too. She also had a brief career as a teenage beauty queen, as Rhodes Island’s Junior Miss.
3. Apart from being talented, Messing is also highly qualified. She graduated summa cum laude (with highest honours!) from Brandeis University with a bachelor’s degree in theatre arts, and then completed her master’s degree at the elite Graduate Acting Program at New York University.
4. She had leading roles in the TV series Ned and Stacey and Prey, as well as guest spots on Seinfeld and NYPD Blue, before getting her big break as Grace Adler on Will and Grace.
5. She received five Emmy nominations for the role, and in 2003 won the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
Catch The Mysteries of Laura at 18:00, Park Bench at 21:00 and The Leftovers at 22:00, Saturdays on M-Net Edge.