With all the twists and turns in the new season of The Voice South Africa, each of the four esteemed coaches – Riky Rick, LIRA, Riana Nel and Francois van Coke – can take eight acts into the next phase of the competition, The Battles. The teams of eight consist of the coaches’ two Steals during the KnockOuts as well as the six talent who the coach sends to the Safe Zone during or at the end of their KnockOut episode.
This week, singer-songwriter Riana Nel will round-up her team for The Battles. She has already stolen two phenomenal artists – supercool Tye Platinum, from #TeamRiky and Corneil Muller, the guy for whom LIRA broke the format rules and allowed all coaches thirteen instead of twelve members in their KnockOut teams.
So, who will be the six joining Ty and Corneill in the Battles as part of #TeamRiana? You can expect some exhilarating and emotional moments as Riana cuts down the thirteen options. Luckily, LIRA and Riky can still steal one talent each from Riana’s team, and those who don’t make it to the Battles have the opportunity to return to the competition at a later stage with The Strepsils KnockOuts Viewer Save.
The thirteen talent in #TeamRiana who will be pulling out all the stops to proceed to the next round are:
- 26-year old Industrial Designer from Pretoria, Elisha James who has entertained the audience with his great sense of humour, calling himself a “chihuahua” after his first performance.
- Student Felicia Seoehle (22) from Sasolburg, who admits that music is the tonic that saved her from the relentless bullying and depression.
- Francois Viljoen (30), who honed his vocal skills as part of the Drakensberg Boys Choir and was encouraged to enter The Voice SA by his childhood friend, Season 2’s Dawie de Jager.
- Actor, dancer and model Greunen Parker (22) from Pretoria. During the Blinds viewers’ hearts melted when the saw how he volunteers to sing for the elderly.
- 23-year-old Ilan van Staden from Krugersdorp who had to wait to enter The Voice SA as the previous season’s scheduled auditions clashed with his sister’s wedding day. He sang coach Francois van Coke’s popular song “Ek Skyn (Heilig)” at the Blind Auditions.
- Lyla Sky (20) from Pretoria who impressed her coach with the Afrikaans song “Swart Koffie” at the Blind Auditions. She walked the 800km Camino de Santiago in 2016 and wants to go all the to the end in The Voice SA too!
- Musical theatre actress Lelo Ramasimong (33) for whom all four the coaches’ chairs turned seconds into her performance of Shawn Mendes’s “Mercy”.
- 38-year-old carpenter and musician and songwriter Shane Sonkind. At the Blinds, Francois tried his level best to win Shane over after his performance of Live’s “Lightning Crashes” but Shane said he didn’t want to go with the most obvious choice, and he joined #TeamRiana.
- Siki Jo-An Owzi (25) from Port Elizabeth whose spirited rendition of MamMiriam Makeba’s s iconic “Click Song” inspired an unanimous four-turn from the coaches.
- Gordon’s Bay guesthouse owner Soné Joubert (27) who performed Gian Groen’s “Vier Seisoene Kind”. All the coaches wanted her in their team, but she chose Riana.
- 27-year-old Verona Goslett from Meyerton elicited raving comments from Francois and Riana with her performance of Avril Lavigne’s “Head Above Water”.
- IT developer Vuyisile Mdlophane whom host Anele Mdoda surprised at her office in Richard’s Bay to tell her that she made it into The Voice SA Season 3.
- Wade Bezuidenhout (27) from Port Shepstone on KZN South Coast whose stunning falsetto on One Republic’s “Wherever I Go” gave his coach goosebumps.
The Voice South Africa premieres on M-Net 101 every Sunday at 17:30 and is repeated on VUZU, Channel 116, on Mondays at 20:00. It will also be available on DStv Catch Up.