Get your coffee and doughnuts ready, M-Net Binge is bringing you the first two seasons of Twin Peaks. It’s the perfect way to prepare for the third season, starting Tuesday 21 May at 21:30 on M-Net.
Fans of the show will revel in the opportunity to re-watch it, especially if they haven’t watched it since its release in the ‘90s. Memories will need to be jogged. If you’ve never watched the show, this is your chance to plunge into the weird and wonderful world of David Lynch.
Whether you record the series – starting Saturday 6 May from 21:30 on M-Net Binge – or watch it on the night, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be hooked and you’ll be bingeing.
So to help you recap before the recap, here are nine things you need to know (or remember) about Twin Peaks Season 1 and 2.
- The title refers to the name of the fictional town in which the show is set. Population: 51 201.
- It was created and written by Mark Frost and David Lynch. Frost directed the Season 1 finale, while Lynch stepped behind the helm for six episodes. Lynch is an acclaimed cult director, whose mind-bending films include Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive.
- The series aired from 1990 to 1991 and was followed by a movie in 1992, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.
- It centres on the murder of Laura Palmer, whose body is discovered in the first episode and kicks the mystery into gear.
- Front and centre of the murder mystery is Kyle MacLachlan, as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. If you’ve never watched the show, you’ll recognise him from other series like Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives.
- Be prepared to start craving doughnuts: they’re a personal obsession of Cooper’s, along with good ol’ cherry pie.
- And make sure you have plenty of excellent coffee in good supply. Black and hot, please.
- Keep an eye out for a young David Duchovny as a cross-dressing DEA agent.
- It’s weird, it’s funny, it’s creepy, it’s twisty, it’s turny…if you’ve never watched any of Lynch’s work, this is a good place to start.
Binge on Twin Peaks Season 1 and 2, starting Saturday 6 May at 21:30 on M-Net Binge.
Read more about the new channel, M-Net Binge, here.
Tune in for the Twin Peaks Season 3 premiere on Tuesday 21 May at 21:30 on M-Net.