The sole application procedure is via audition. You can DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE, print it and fill it out prior to the audition.
- Fill in your application form with your partner with as much accurate and honest detail as possible.
- Note an audition venue near to you in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
- Come to the auditions along with your partner, your application form and a cold dish, which you have made together, in order to impress the judging panel
- Registration at the audition constitutes an application and this is the sole mechanism for application. Registration means you have entered and will be auditioned.
- Should your audition be successful and you are shortlisted by M-Net, in its sole discretion you will be advised by the producers or their representatives and more information may be requested from you. A successful audition does not guarantee you or your partner a place in the show.
Terms and Conditions:
- Application forms are available for download from until 14 January 2018.
- You must be over the age of 18 on 12 February 2018 to apply to participate in the series.
- You should be a South African citizen or have a valid permit or permanent residence status in the country of South Africa.
- Applications are only valid if submitted correctly at an audition venue and if they are followed by a successful audition.
- A valid submission of your application constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- You will only be contacted by the producers for further details should your application be shortlisted. If you have not heard from the producers within 60 days, you can consider your application unsuccessful
- If shortlisted, you will be required to complete a waiver document to be fully signed and returned by you to the producers granting your consent to be part of the next phases of the My Kitchen Rules audition.
- If any of the terms and conditions are not adhered to, your application will be incomplete and will be considered null and void.
- Successful candidates will need to be available to shoot on the dates set by the producers, from February to July 2018, and could be as many as or more than 44 days in total, excluding travel and briefing days
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- By submitting your application, you are granting M-Net permission to use your information to promote you and/or My Kitchen Rules on any other platform of its choice. You agree that your application may be edited, modified, added to or deleted, juxtaposed with any other material and that any other changes to the application may be made at the sole discretion of M-Net. You agree further that M-Net may use your name, image, likeness, any photograph, voice, sobriquet and signature in connection with your application and/or My Kitchen Rules.
- All publicity, digital and social media activity around your involvement in My Kitchen Rules will be done by M-Net from the date of your audition until three months after the final broadcast of the series, unless otherwise indicated by M-Net.
- M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any responses/applications which are not received by the producers whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical or on the internet, telephone lines, or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to the application.
- M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any errors and/ or omission in any information submitted by you.
- M-Net and its affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by you or any other third party as a result of your participation in this call to application audition process or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of anything relating to this call to application audition process or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with this terms and conditions or whether arising from your infringement or violation of any third party rights including intellectual proprietary rights.
- M-Net and its third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel this call to application and/or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which M-Net deems necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this call to application and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- Under no circumstances shall the producers, M-Net or its affiliates be liable to anyone who participates in the production of My Kitchen Rules for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising which may be suffered in relation to your participation in the production of My Kitchen Rules, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of the producers or otherwise.
- You warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions and further that if successful, you are at complete liberty to participate in My Kitchen Rules and to comply with these terms and conditions and that doing so will not infringe upon the rights of any other person. You further warrant that the information you have provided is true and accurate. The producers or M-Net may disqualify you should you breach the aforesaid warranties.
- By participating in this call to application you accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions set out herein and such rules and conditions that the producers or M-Net may issue in relation to further phases of My Kitchen Rules from time to time.
- These terms and conditions are governed by South African law and the South African courts shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters (including disputes) arising here from.
By participating in the call to application audition, I consent to the use of any personal information supplied to Picture Tree (“The Producer) and Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited and the MultiChoice Group of Companies (“M-Net”) for the purposes of establishing whether I am a suitable candidate for the production of My Kitchen Rules.
If I am invited for any further auditions but not selected as a contestant, I hereby assign irrevocably to The Producer and M-Net , the entire copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to my audition and contribution to My Kitchen Rules, whether now in existence or arising in the future, including without limitation, my performance, any comments ascribed to me (whether as part of the audition, any psychological testing, any interview and any inclusion of my photographs, likeness, profile, voice, sound effect, caricature, literary, artistic and musical materials and the like for purposes of the Programme and/or any related publicity, research and marketing, which The Producer and M-Net accept. The Producer and M-Net shall therefore be entitled to use and exploit and license others to use and exploit such contributions, in whole or in part, by all means and in all media, manner and formats whether now known or hereafter invented throughout the world and in perpetuity.
I hereby acknowledge and confirm that:
- I have read and agree to be bound by the conditions set out in this document entitled M-Net My Kitchen Rules – Terms and Conditions for Application
- I have answered all of the questions on the application form fully, honestly and accurately and I confirm I have not misled or attempted to mislead the producers in any way as to my identity, experiences or in any other way;
- If any of the information I have given in the application form is found to be false, the producers will be entitled to exclude me from My Kitchen Rules audition process.
- If I am short listed by the producers, I am prepared to undergo psychological and medical screening. I understand that the full details of this will be explained to me in advance.
- If I am short-listed I also agree to authorise the producers to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information I have supplied. I understand that consenting to these checks is no guarantee of being chosen to participate.
- Even if I am selected as a contestant, the producers have no obligation to produce the programme and even if the programme is made there will be no obligation on the producers or any broadcaster to broadcast it;
- All decisions by the producers concerning selection of the contestants are final and no reasons will be given. I agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
- I will keep strictly confidential and will not, without the prior written consent of the producers, at any time from the date I sign this application form and for twelve (12) months following the first transmission on television in South Africa of the final episode of My Kitchen Rules disclose, publish or reveal to any person any incident, conversation or information concerning the series or the audition/selection process which comes to my knowledge as a result of my inclusion in the selection process and/or the M-Net wedding show series, if selected, nor other information relating to The Producer or M-Net acquired by me during this period, without consultation with the publicity arms of either The Producer or M-Net.
- If I am selected to participate in the My Kitchen Rules production, I agree to enter into a formal agreement with the producers and/or any other relevant party, the terms and conditions of which will be necessary to protect the rights of the producers and/or such other entity involved in the production of My Kitchen Rules.
- I am not an employee of The Producer or M-Net or any of the M.I.H. Group of companies.
- I am not related to The Producer or M-Net or any other M.I.H. Group of companies’ employee.