Salmon in a herb garden with avocado & coconut sauce
- 6 Salmon fillets
- Salmon skin removed and saved
- 30 ml olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 avocado. peeled and cut up
- Juice of 3 limes
- 15 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 10 ml fish sauce
- 5 ml sugar
- 3 ml Tobasco sauce
- 125 ml coriander
Wasabi cream cheese:
- 100 ml cream cheese
- 10 ml wasabi paste
- 1 granny smith, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 50 g caviar
- 1 spring onions, finely diced
- 125 ml coriander leaves
- Gently remove the skin from the salmon, place on a baking tray lined with paper towel. Place in the fridge open so it can dry out a bit more.
- Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil and salt & pepper well. Heat a pan to piping hot and sear the salmon on all the sides.
- Remove from the heat and wrap in cling film to make the slicing easier.
- Pre-heat an oven to 200 °C and place the salmon skin on a baking tray. Place another baking tray on top of this to keep it flat. Bake in the oven until crispy and set aside for service.
- Blend all the ingredients together for the sauce, keep on tasting and adjust the seasoning as required.
Wasabi Cream Cheese:
- Mix the cream cheese and wasabi paste together and place in a piping bag for service
- Use a plating ring of the required size and plate the sauce in the middle of the plate. Top the sauce with 3 slices of perfectly portioned salmon. Add the slices of apple and the sliced fennel. Add the spring onions and the crispy skin on the top and add the coriander for dressing. Pipe two dollops of the wasabi cream on the plate and top with the caviar.