As the inimitable host of QI, the delightfully pompous foil to Blackadder and the yin to Hugh Laurie’s yang, there is no denying the comic wit and genius of the remarkable Stephen Fry.
M-Net Movies wishes him a very Happy Birthday on his special day! Join us as we share ten quite interesting facts about the celebrated actor and writer.
- He’s a tech junkie: you only need to look at his Twitter account if you don’t believe us.
- His childhood was quite eventful: he was expelled from school and he was jailed for credit card fraud. It just goes to show you can bounce back from the toughest situations.
- You may have known he was a writer, but did you know he’s already written ten books?
- Are you a Harry Potter fan? If yes, and you’ve listened to the audiobooks, it’s Fry’s voice you’re hearing.
- If you were round and about Cape Town in 2011, you may have spotted Fry in the city, as he was filming The Borrowers.
- He studied English literature at Queen’s College, Cambridge.
- Doctor Who almost had the Fry-touch: he wrote a script for the show; but, unfortunately, it was never filmed.
- Fry went State-trotting for the BBC TV series Stephen Fry in America, travelling through all the U.S. States in a London cab.
- Even stars are fan boys: Fry is a big fan of writer and humourist P.G. Wodehouse.
- Seeing as he was born on the 24th, it’s only apt we mention that he played the British Prime Minister in 24: Live Another Day.