Need a sharp comeback? Then look no further than Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ titular character, Selina Meyer, in Veep. With Season 5 starting on M-Net Edge very soon, now’s a better time than never to relive her most brutal moments. Don’t feel too sorry for the victims of her venomous tongue, though – those around her can be equally vicious.
- With your face, when you attempt to be charming, it really does come off as evil. – Selina Meyer
- If you want to get some cardio exercise you have to have a heart. – Selina Meyer
- I don’t have a sense of humour and neither should you. – Sue Wilson
- Hello, what do you want? You can’t have it. Goodbye. – Sue Wilson
- How do you suggest that I mingle with this few people? Did Simon mingle with Garfunkel? – Selina Meyer
- Why is that your hair? – Selina Meyer
- She has gone full-metal Nixon. – Amy Brookheimer
- I fully support your decision to live as an ugly woman. – Amy Brookheimer
- I am the one who got us this far, you sentient enema. – Amy Brookheimer
- You're not even a man…you’re like an early draft of a man, where they just sketched out a giant mangled skeleton but they didn't have time to add details, like pigment or self-respect. – Ed Webster
If you’ve watched the show, you’ll know these aren’t even the most intense insults. Still too harsh for you? Why not try a few from The Big Bang Theory here?
Watch Veep Season 5 every Friday from 4 November on M-Net Edge. For more about the series, check out the show page here.