You’ve stumbled into the magical world of the Potterverse and are loving it, but you’re still trying to figure out your quaffles from your Quidditch. The latest film instalment, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, is our feature this month at M-Net Movies Night Out.
And just in case you’re wondering how this movie ties in, we’ve put together a quick guide. If you’re a die-hard fan, think of it as a fun refresher to get you excited all over again!
- There are five movies planned for the Fantastic Beasts series.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is the sequel to the first movie in the series, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- These movies serve as prequels to the Harry Potter movie series, taking place several decades before Harry is born.
- Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling is back on scriptwriting duties. She also penned the script to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them took place in New York City. In the sequel, you’ll travel to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in England.
- David Yates returns to the directing chair. He also directed Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, as well as the last four Harry Potter instalments.
- Returning characters from the first Fantastic Beasts include Tina Goldstein, Jacob Kowalski, Queenie Goldstein, and of course Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander.
- Jude Law joins the cast as a young Albus Dumbledore.
- We’ll get to see Nagini in human form. She was previously spotted in snake form, in several Harry Potter movies.
- We’re here for the beasts (and the magic and the characters and the comedy and the action) and you’ll get to see even more fantastic beasts in The Crimes of Grindelwald!
- The title character Grindelwald refers to an evil wizard who is out to wreak magical havoc. He’s played by Johnny Depp, who was briefly glimpsed as the character in the previous movie.
- Keep an eye out for Zoë Kravitz, who plays Leta Lestrange.
Didn’t win tickets? Never fear, magic is near!
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will be released in cinermas nationwide on Friday 16 November 2018.
Still want to win? Check out our competition page here.
Still don't know whether you're a die-hard Harry Potter fan? Find out here.