Here are some facts about it:
- The set took three weeks to assemble on site, with two teams working in shifts - a day crew and night crew - to complete. Offsite building started a few weeks before that and took three interlink trucks to move it from the factory in Selby to Mosaiek.
- Approximately 1,200 square meters of wood was CNC (computer numerical control) cut.
- About 1.8km of steel was used in building the set, and was mostly used to construct the 55sqm mezzanine level.
- Over a 1000sqm of laminated black vinyl is used to give the set its slick black look.
- Well over 2km of LED strip are used for the lightboxes on stage and around the auditorium. To run this amount of LED strip lighting, around 130 power supplies and controllers are required.
- The glass for the screen stage is 22mm thick glass with almost 50 screen panels built in underneath.
- Every single element of the set is CNC cut for accuracy - this includes all the perspex inlays, honeycomb grids and staircases. Our in-house CNC cutter is constantly busy since the build started and has been cutting elements until the completion of the build.
See it in the live shows starting 21 May, or attend the live shows to see it up close, link below!
Join The Voice SA conversation on The Voice SA Facebook page, via Twitter on @VoiceSA and @VoiceSA on Instagram using #TheVoiceSA, #TeamBobby, #TeamLira, #TeamKahn and #TeamKaren hashtags. The Voice South Africa is produced for M-Net by AMPN and sponsored by Dialdirect. Get tickets for #TheVoiceSA live shows here