We first got the tiniest of brief glimpses of Jason Momoa as Aquaman AKA Arthur Curry in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. In Aquaman, we get to see a whole lot more of the aquatic superhero. Of course, Momoa was no stranger to fans, having made an impression on audiences in his brief but memorable stint as Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones.
Here are a few more fun facts you may not know about the awesome actor.
Check them out below before watching him in Aquaman, your Sunday night movie on M-Net.
1. Due to his time as Khal Drogo, he struggled to land roles for a while after he exited Game of Thrones. Because he only spoke Dothraki in the fantasy show, and did it so convincingly, people assumed he couldn’t speak English.
2. But of course he can! Momoa was born in Hawaii – just like his Aquaman co-star Nicole Kidman. He also already had a decent television resume behind his name, including four years on Stargate Atlantis.
3.In addition to the sci-fi show, he spent two years on Baywatch, and appeared in the TV movie, Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding.
4. One of his passions is motorcycles, a love he shares with his children.
5. Other passions of his include rock-climbing and bouldering.
6. He performed the Haka for his Game of Thrones audition.
7. His feature film debut was in the comedy, Johnson Family Vacation.
8. Momoa is also passionate about saving the environment, delivering a speech at the United Nations’ Small Island Event last year.