TV aficionados may remember him from The King of Queens or Everybody Loves Raymond, but Kevin James has a fair amount of films under his belt. You’ll often spot him in an Adam Sandler starring comedy, such as Grown Ups or I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.
In your Sunday night movie, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, Adam Sandler stays behind the scenes as producer, and turns the spotlight on James. Another comedic output of Sandler’s production company, Happy Madison, the sequel takes place six years after the first movie.
James is not only the star of the show, but also took on screenwriting duties with Nick Bakay. Besides writing and acting, here are five other things that keep Kevin James busy.
- Married to actress Steffiana de la Cruz, James and his wife are raising four children when they’re not on set or location.
- Just like his uber-dedicated character in Mall Cop, James can’t sit still and stays on his toes by practicing MMA.
- He does take occasional downtime between making movies and kicking ass. When he does, he’s usually out supporting his favourites sports’ teams the New York Knicks, New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Islanders.
- Like Sandler, James has tried his hand at producing. In addition to the Mall Cop movies, he’s also produced a web series starring his brother.
- Many actors have lent their voices to animation, and James is one of them. You’ll have heard him in Hotel Transylvania and its sequel, Barnyard, and Monster House.
Watch Kevin James return to his eponymous role in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 on Sunday 7 February at 20:05 on M-Net.