This weekend we’ll be travelling back into J.K. Rowling’s magical world with your Sunday night movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you know who J.K. Rowling is and you know that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a textbook for Care of Magical Creatures at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You’ll also know that this magical textbook was written by Newt Scamander, and it’s this very wizard who forms the focus of the movie of the same name.
If none of this sounds like gibberish to you, then you’re clearly a Harry Potter fan. Still not sure? Check out the list below! If you display some of these signs, you have the proud honour of calling yourself a Potterhead.
- You’ve read all the books (at least twice).
- You’ve even hunted down and read companion books like The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Quidditch Through the Ages.
- You’ve watched all the movies.
- You know whether you belong in Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Slytherin, or Ravenclaw.
- You own Harry Potter memorabilia.
- You’ve used Harry Potter terminology in everyday life.
- You know Ireland won the Quidditch World Cup.
- You’ve grabbed a broom and tried to play Quidditch.
- You know Dumbeldore doesn’t eat Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans anymore because he ate a vomit-flavoured one when he was young.
- You know what "Wingardium Leviosa" means.
- You know everything there is to know about Dementors.
- You know the names of all the Hogwarts' ghosts.
- You know the three Unforgivable Curses.
- You can name all seven Horcruxes (and you know what a Horcrux is).
- You've named your cat Crookshanks.
- You know that the incantation “I am up to no good” reveals the Marauders Map.
- And occasionally say, "mischief managed".
- You refer to non-Harry Potter fans as Muggles.
- You freaked out when you saw Emma Watson and Robert Pattinson presenting together at the 75th Golden Globes, and secretly hoped they’d join Gary Oldman and David Thewlis for a drink (preferably of butterbeer).
Want more magic? Check out the LallaLand interviews with the cast and director of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them here.
Head back into the Potterverse (like you ever really left) this weekend and join Newt Scamander in your #SundayNightMovie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on 14 January at 20:05 on M-Net.