If you’re a Foxx fan, we’ve got good news! The award-winning actor is in not one but two of your Sunday night movies this April. This weekend you can watch Jamie Foxx in Sleepless and next weekend in Baby Driver. Get to know more about the Oscar winner below.
- Jamie Foxx was born Eric Marlon Bishop.
- He’s been playing piano since he was five years old, perfect preparation for playing Ray Charles in Ray, the role that landed him an Oscar.
- Foxx was a quarterback for San Diego’s United States International University, perfect preparation for his role as quarterback Willie Beamen in Any Given Sunday.
- He based his character Will Stacks in Annie on Sean Combs.
- He auditioned for the role of Rod Tidwell in the Tom Cruise-starring Jerry Maguire. The role ultimately went to Cuba Gooding Jr. who won an Oscar for his portrayal. In 2004, Foxx got the chance to star alongside Cruise in Collateral. Jamie was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role. Although he did not take the statue home, he did take the Best Actor Oscar, for his starring role in Ray.
- He made his feature film debut in the Robin Williams-starring Toys.
- He rode his own horse in Django Unchained.
- He’s sung a duet with Barbara Streisand.
- Foxx spent several years on the comedy series In Living Color, which also featured Jim Carrey, the Wayans brothers, Jennifer Lopez, and Chris Rock.
- There’s a new Robin Hood movie coming out this year, which features Foxx as Little John.
Watch Jamie Foxx in Sleepless, your #SundayNightMovie on 1 April at 20:30 and next week in Baby Driver, your Sunday night movie on 8 April at 20:30, only on M-Net.