TV, ALT, TV Guide, Language and Mute Buttons
The five buttons at the top of the remote control each have a secondary function (sometimes referred to as the "shifted" mode).
If you have not first pressed SHIFT, these buttons do the following :
- TV: always take you to Live TV. If you are viewing from the buffer, pressing TV takes you to Live TV on the current channel. If you are viewing in playback, pressing TV stops playback and takes you to Live TV on the current channel.
- ALT: goes to the last viewed channel.
- TV GUIDE: goes to the TV Guide.
- LANGUAGE: displays the Language / Soundtrack pop-up.
- MUTE: switches the audio on or off (depends on the current audio status).
To activate the secondary functionality, press SHIFT followed by the required button. After pressing SHIFT, the SHIFT button will flash, confirming the mode of the remote control. It is not necessary to hold both buttons down at the same time.
- SHIFT TV: goes to the Audio Package.
- SHIFT ALT: displays the Subtitles / Teletext pop-up
(Note: Subtitles / Teletext are not currently available on the HD PVR).
- SHIFT TV GUIDE: currently disabled.
- SHIFT LANGUAGE: goes to the Parental Control Menu
(Note: a valid PG PIN code is required to enter the Parental Control Menu).
- SHIFT MUTE: currently disabled.
The dial should be set to the correct setting for your device, this will differ depending on your setup.
The "window" in the dial lights up when any button is pressed, confirming that the remote control is active and that the command has been transmitted to the device.
The colour buttons on the remote control have different functions at different times based on the current activity of the HD PVR.
When using the Device Menu or the TV Guide, please refer to the onscreen instructions (at the bottom of the screen) that clearly indicate functionality for each colour button.
When viewing TV, the colour buttons do the following:
- Press RED to go to the Playlist
- Press BLUE to insert a Bookmark
- Press WHITE to view in slow motion
- Press YELLOW to display the Status Bar
- The GREEN button is currently disabled in viewing mode.
|Button||While Viewing Live TV||While Viewing a Recording (Playback)|
|Stop||STOP Button disabled if there are no recordings in progress
If there is a recording(s) in progress,
you are able to stop the recording(s)
|Stops playback and returns to the Playlist|
|Rewind||Press once = Instant Replay
(rewinds 10 seconds)*
Hold = rewinds programme.
* only where the buffer is available
Press once = Instant Replay
|Play/Pause||Toggles between PLAY and PAUSE||Toggles between PLAY and PAUSE|
|Fast Forward||Button disabled (unless in buffer)||Fast Forwards recorded programme|
|Rec||Schedules a recording||Button disabled|