Our Investment in Africa
MultiChoice Africa passionately believes in sustainably improving the lives of the people in the communities we serve. We recognise that education and access to information are pivotal in developing each individual and this is the key focus of our Corporate Social Investment strategy. Through the MultiChoice Resource Centre Programme we leverage our world class technology and channels to educate, nurture and empower learners. We also recognise the need to provide localised assistance and each country adapts their CSI strategy to make a valuable contribution in areas that can have the most positive impact.
In addition to our cross-continent flagship programmes, the MultiChoice Resource Centre Programme, the CNN MultiChoice Africa Journalist of the Year Awards and the DStv Eutelsat Star Awards, MultiChoice Africa acknowledges that people living in each of the countries it serves have unique needs and circumstances. Every country office uses its own expertise and local knowledge to bring about positive changes to worthy organisations and causes. We actively encourage and support staff-led initiatives to drive our CSI programmes, be they across the continent or a local community project.
Since 1985, we have provided local communities with significant and on-going support to create sustainable economies through various business and community initiatives such as:
- The MultiChoice Resource Centres, (MRCs) launched in over 1900 schools in 29 countries helping to bridge the digital divide and enhancing education
- The DStv EutelSat Star Awards, aimed at assisting young learners to understand Africa’s challenges and to promote the knowledge of how satellite technology can change the course of development on the continent
- The CNN MultiChoice African Journalist Awards, which have become the premier accolade for excellence in journalism across the continent since 1995
- Let’s Play, an initiative that encourages primary school children elevate awareness of our social situation, to introduce and encourage play, activity in schools and at home
- Africa Magic film making grants, where the entertainment channel, has funded the production of over 100 local feature films
- The African Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards which recognises and rewards African Film makers for their innovation and brilliance.
Our mission is to continue to deliver on our customer promise of being the first choice and leading pay media destination anytime, anywhere and on any device.View more »