Mon 12 Mar 2018, 14:27
Watch Untamed Philippines on DStv Now and see how the inhabitants of this land of wonders are working to preserve their precious wildlife.
Watch Untamed Philippiness on Nat Geo Wild (DStv Channel 182) and streaming live on DStv Now, Sundays at 18:00.
The Philippines is a nation consisting of over 7 600 islands set in the warm emerald seas of the Pacific Ocean. It is a land of contrasting wonders such as active volcanoes, lush forests and coral reefs. The shallow sparkling seas and the wild side of these amazing islands are visited in this short series, as the relationship between humans and animals reveals how the people of the Philippines are working to preserve their precious wildlife.
Some of the highlights include:
- A unique viper and a giant land crab on the tiny island of Batan
- The main island of the Philippines, Luzon
- The Tamaraw, the most endangered large mammal in the Philippines, on Mindoro
- Turtles of the Palawan coast
- The unique National Marine Park at Tubbataha with whale sharks and manta rays
- Mediation between people and wildlife
- A snake hunting team translocate a deadly Samar cobra
For more interesting series, tune into DStv Now.
DStv Now can be accessed online at now.dstv.com or through the app for tablets and smartphones. The app is free to download on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and is available to all DStv customers.