Mon 14 May 2018, 08:47
Craving a weekend binge of the boxset of Friends, or finally starting that HBO series you never managed to catch on DStv, from the very beginning? Showmax has you sorted, with unlimited streaming entertainment at your fingertips. And the good news for you as a DStv subscriber is that you get huge savings on the subscription price, which is usually R99 per month.
DStv Premium subscribers: you get Showmax included with the cost of your subscription, so you pay absolutely nothing extra. That’s right - you get full, unlimited access to the Showmax catalogue for zero added cost. And DStv Compact and Compact Plus subscribers now save R50 per month, paying only R49 for a full Showmax subscription.
All you have to do to cash in on these deals if you’re a DStv subscriber is add Showmax to your monthly DStv account.
Got questions? Read on.
What do I need to stream content on Showmax?
- A Showmax subscription.
- A device that you can connect to the internet: a smartphone, tablet, laptop, gaming console, a DStv Explora or a smart TV.
Do I need a DStv Explora to enjoy Showmax as a DStv customer?
No, you can watch Showmax on any internet-connected device, from your phone to the web browser on your PC - and if you use the Showmax app for smartphones and tablets, you can even download series episodes or movies to watch offline later.
But if you do have a connected Explora, press the blue DStv button on your remote, click watch now and select Showmax to start watching. Find out more here »
I’m already a Showmax subscriber: how do I add Showmax to my DStv account?
If you already have a credit, cheque card or a Paypal subscription, all you need to do is login into your Showmax account and change the payment method to “DStv add to account”.
1. Login to Showmax.
2. Refer to Manage Account and click on Manage Subscription.
3. Select “DStv add to account” as your form of payment.
4. Enter your South African Identification Document number.
5. Confirm your mobile phone number.
6. A one-time pin (OTP) will be SMSed to the number confirmed to verify your account.
7. Enter in the OTP and accept the terms and conditions.
8. You are able to watch Showmax on up to 5 devices!
I’m not a Showmax subscriber yet: how do I add Showmax to my DStv account?
You would need to sign up for a Showmax subscription and then select “DStv add to account” as your payment method.
1. Go to Showmax.
2. Create a Showmax account with your email address.
3. Create a password.
4. Choose “DStv add to account” as your payment method.
5. Enter your South African ID number.
6. Confirm your mobile phone number.
7. A one-time pin (OTP) will be SMSed to this number to verify your account.
8. Start watching your favourite shows through your connected Explora or using the Showmax app on phones and tablets or watching it on your browser on a PC or laptop.
What if I’ve already added my Showmax account to another partner’s bill?
In order to change your payment from one of Showmax’s partners (e.g. your bank or cellphone network) you will need to contact the company that is billing you and cancel your subscription.
1. Contact the company that is billing you for Showmax and cancel your Showmax payment on their side.
2. Once this has been cancelled, you should be able to see the full list of payment options on the Showmax website.
3. Choose ‘DStv add to account’ to add Showmax to your DStv bill.
4. Enter your South African ID number.
5. Confirm your mobile phone number.
6. A one-time pin (OTP) will be SMSed to this number to verify your account.
It is as simple as that. DStv Premium subscribers pay nothing extra, and DStv Compact and Compact Plus subscribers pay just R49 per month for unlimited access to over 35 000 of the best series episodes, movies, kids’ shows and documentaries, with more added every week. For more on how to watch Showmax as a DStv subscriber, read this.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to get much much more for even less with Showmax. Sign up here.