Fri 09 Sep 2016, 09:18
Reza Mahammad shares his recipe.
6 x 220g Norwegian salmon fillets with skin
salt and pepper plus a scattering of chilli flakes per fillet
1tsp olive oil for searing
For the mango salsa
2 firm ripe mangoes cubed
1 red onion finely chopped
2 red chillies deseeded and finely chopped
2tbsp chopped coriander.
zest of 1 lime and the juice of 2
1level tsp sugar
1tbsp olive oil
1. To make the salsa add the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Season the fillets with the salt pepper and chilli flakes .
3. Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan until very hot.
4. Add the olive oil and in batches fry the salmon skin side up in batches for 2 minutes.
5. Turnover and fry the skin side for 3 minutes or until the skin is nice and crisp.
6. Remove from the pan and place on to a platter and serve with the mango salsa and a selection of salad greens of your choice.