Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:00
MultiChoice adds 18 SABC radio stations to its DStv audio package.
DStv customers will be able to listen to even more audio content, thanks to the addition of 18 SABC radio stations.
Launching on Thursday, 4 June 2015, these additional radio stations will offer customers more variety on the DStv audio package. Previously only Metro FM was available on the DStv platform.
Programming is in all 11 official languages and covers a vast array of styles and tastes - from hip urban music to compelling talk shows, traditional music and cultural shows.
The SABC currently has two television channels on DStv: a 24-hour news channel, SABC News on channel 404 and the recently launched retro-channel, SABC Encore on channel 156.
The additional stations bring the grand total of channels on the DStv audio package to 51.
The country’s biggest and most popular radio stations such as 5FM, SAfm, Ukhozi FM, Umhlobo Wenene, Lesedi FM and Lotus FM will now be accessible to DStv Premium, Extra, Compact, Family, Access and EasyView customers, as well as customers on the Indian and Portuguese packages.
Full list of the 18 SABC radio stations to be added to the DStv audio package
- 901 - Metro FM* (*currently available): Metro FM is a mentor and guide for youthful urban adults who embrace a pragmatic and successful life to actively transform with their constantly changing environment.
- 902 - Channel Africa: Channel Africa is an international radio station whose mandate is to support South Africa’s foreign policy through the production and broadcast of innovative, dynamic and stimulating news, current affairs and informal knowledge building content.
- 903 - Good Hope FM: Good Hope FM is a Cape Town-based 24-hour, regional, commercial music station, which broadcasts within a contemporary hit radio rhythmic format providing a music mix of R'n'B, ballads, pop, hip hop, dance, contemporary jazz and old school.
- 904 - Ikwekwezi: Ikwekwezi FM is a Ndebele-language station catering to listeners who want to be informed in an entertaining way, and process information better in relaxed bits and pieces because they are peripheral information processors.
- 905 - 5FM: 5FM is a South African radio station, broadcasting nationwide and streaming to the world. We are the entertainment powerhouse for South African youth, offering the most popular contemporary music and entertainment.
- 906 - Lesedi FM: Lesedi FM is a contemporary and a compelling South African radio station, broadcasting semi-nationally and streaming to the world in SeSotho. We are about entertaining, informing, educating and empowering citizens in all Lesedi FM areas.
- 907 - Ligwalagwala: Ligwalagwala FM stands for educating, entertaining and informing in a non-biased manner. Our motto “The Pride of The Nation” is strengthened by the proud way we relate to our audiences through our music mix and the mandate we carry.
- 908 - Lotus FM: Lotus FM is the only national Indian radio station in South Africa, broadcasting nationwide and streaming to the world. We are the entertainment powerhouse for South African Indians, offering the most popular fusion music and entertainment.
- 909 - Motsweding FM: Motsweding FM is a national radio station that broadcasts in Setswana. The music repertoire consists of R'n'B, afro pop, kwaito; house; hip hop, smooth jazz, gospel; african jazz, reggae and world music.
- 910 - Munghana Lonene FM: Munghana Lonene FM is a Tsonga language FM radio station in South Africa. It is geared to listeners who understand Xi-Tsonga.
- 911 - Phalaphala FM: Phalaphala FM broadcasts out of Limpopo in Tshivenda and prides itself with being approachable, warm and energetic.
- 912 - Radio 2000: Radio 2000 is the only facility service radio station in the country, with the intent of strengthening democracy and nation building through key offerings of sport, music, events of national importance and lifestyle programming.
- 913 - RSG: Radio Sonder Grense - RSG or Radio Without Borders, is an Afrikaans-language radio service run by the South African Broadcasting Corporation for the whole of South Africa.
- 914 - SAfm: SAfm – South Africa's news and information leader – is the SABC's national English language live, talk show format public radio station broadcasting news, information, dramas and children's programming.
- 915 - Thobela FM: Thobela FM is a proud, modern home of Northern Sotho-speaking and understanding people, representing cultural diversity by preserving rich heritage through information, education and entertainment for current and future generations.
- 916 - Tru FM: The station is unique in the SABC PBS stable as it is the only station primarily targeting the youth with two languages of broadcast, IsiXhosa and English. Our music format includes kwaito, R&B, hip hop, afro pop, pop, gospel and house.
- 917 - Ukhozi FM: Ukhozi FM provides an interactive environment for its listeners, affording them access to news, current affairs, and talk shows, music, drama, sport, education, weather and traffic, with much emphasis on local content.
- 918 - Umhlobo Wenene FM: Umhlobo Wenene FM is a broadcast radio station in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, providing Xhosa language with news, sports and entertainment. Umhlobo Wenene FM provides compelling and distinctive programming that entertains and empowers.
- 919 - X-K FM: X-K FM Radio is a first in Southern Africa – a station that caters exclusively for two San communities in their own languages. It serves as a medium of basic communication in Platfontein.