Mon 01 Aug 2016, 09:05
The best content is coming to M-Net 101 over the next 3 months.
It’s good news for M-Net viewers today! M-Net has always prided itself on acquiring the best content and has always been at the forefront international television entertainment in Africa. It’s widely known, for example, that Express from the US was first introduced by M-Net and, since then, M-Net and sister channel M-Net Edge have been bringing viewers critically acclaimed, award-winning series.
Staying abreast with the best international content often means mirroring US schedules. Though most US production breaks are unavoidable-and Express from the US attracts a number of schedule changes, which disrupt your viewing-these changes are not structured to annoy, rather they’re strategically planned around US airings so that fans of these shows can join in the conversation and never miss a thing.
In its efforts to follow the US schedules and to present carefully selected, world-class shows Express from the US as well as close to the US and UK, M-Net channel 101 will be making the following schedule changes from August onwards.
- From 15 August the fast-paced medical drama The Night Shift Season 3 starts.
- Madam Secretary Season 2 will be scheduled as a double episode starting Monday 8 August at 20:30 and 21:30. Season 2 is scheduled as a double episode so that Madam Secretary Season 3 can start closer to the US premiere on Monday 3 October 16 at 21:30.
Coming on Tuesdays 22 November:
- Chicago Fire Season 5 – moves to 19:30
- Chicago PD Season 4 – moves to 20:30
- Chicago Med Season 2 – moves to 21:30
- Although Dr Ken ends on Wednesday 19 October – M-Net will repeat the last episode of Dr Ken on Wednesday 26 October at 20:00 so that Modern Family Season 8 and The Big Bang Theory Season 10 can both start on Wednesday 2 November at 19:30 and 20:00 respectively.
- Starting from Wednesday 17 August The Blacklist Season 3 will be scheduled as double episodes at 20:30 and 21:30.
- The Blacklist double episode is scheduled to fast track the start of Blue Bloods Season 7 Express from the US and during prime time on Wednesday 28 September at 20:30.
- Criminal Minds Season 8 will then start in the same timeslot on Wednesday 11 January in 2017 (previously Thursdays at 21:30).
- Another reason why The Blacklist will be scheduled as double episodes at 21:30 is so M-Net can bring Season 4 of The Blacklist closer to the US airing from Wednesday 26 October at 21:30.
- Coming your way Express from the US will be the series Lethal Weapon Season 1 (based on the movie of the same name) and during prime time on Thursday 22 September 2016.
- NCIS Los Angeles Season 8 will follow in this timeslot starting early 2017 (date to be confirmed).
- Frequency Season 1 (also based on the movie of the same name) will start Express from the US, and in prime time Thursday 6 October 2016.
- NCIS: New Orleans Season 3 will follow in this timeslot starting early 2017.
- Blindspot Season 2 is back Express from the US from Saturday 22 September.
19:30 – New Slot!
- X-Factor UK Season 13 starts on 23 September at 19:30.
- New episodes will premier Fridays and Saturdays (Saturday airing starts on 24 September).
- M-Net will align with UK schedule from the first live show.
- Live Final + Results will be scheduled day and date with the UK.
- Zoo Season 2 will take broadcast break for three weeks from the Friday 23 September to Friday 14 October this is so that M-Net can schedule double episodes of X-Factor UK Season 13 to ensure that the first live show is aligned with the UK.
- More Good News: MacGyver Season 1 starts in this timeslot from the Friday 3 February.
- Crowded Season 1 starts later than previously announced on Saturday 3 September at 18:00
- No change
- No change
- Family Law Season 1 now starts Saturday 13 August at 19:30. This means that Rizzoli & Isles Season 7 will now move to start on 3 February 2017 and not on 3 September as per previous schedules.
- Due to X-Factor UK Season 13 double episodes, Nashville Season 4 will take broadcast break for three weeks (from Saturday 24 September) and when it returns on Saturday 15 October it will be scheduled in a new time slot at 20:30.